Upload Data in Excel File to CSV File Automatically

snaplink22

Board Regular
Hello,

I want to run a power query to upload the data in my Excel file to my CSV file, but as the CSV file is plain text I do not know how to accomplish this. Each time new data is entered into the table in the Excel file I want to add that data to the CSV file.

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
I suspect that you will need to Refresh the Excel file once the new data is input. Then you will need to save the Excel File as a .csv file. I see no option to close and load your PQ editor to a CSV file.

Upvote 0
I suspect that you will need to Refresh the Excel file once the new data is input. Then you will need to save the Excel File as a .csv file. I see no option to close and load your PQ editor to a CSV file.

That's what I was thinking as well, but I'm hoping for a solution where the CSV file would update automatically every time new data was entered and saved into the Excel file. Basically, I'm trying to create a live calendar in Google Calendar from some of the data that is entered into the Excel file.

Upvote 0
I don't know...
You can read about Power BI here
or

Upvote 0
I don't know...
You can read about Power BI here
or

Just started playing around with it, but it appears to be a limitation with Google Calendar and not anything else. It appears that it will only accept .CSV or .ICS files and since those are static it doesn't seem possible (currently) to get Google Calendar to automatically upload new data when it's entered.

Upvote 0
I don't know any software which do what you want. Each software need to be refreshed with data to show new entries, even google calendar with another google calendar known as sync (another name of refresh :) )
Refresh time can be defined but it's still refresh not live

Upvote 0
I don't know any software which do what you want. Each software need to be refreshed with data to show new entries, even google calendar with another google calendar known as sync (another name of refresh :) )
Refresh time can be defined but it's still refresh not live

And that would be okay, but when you enter in data to the Excel file you would then need to save it as a CSV and upload it to Google Calendar, each time. If I could just go in and hit Refresh on the CSV file, once I finished entering in the data in the Excel file, and that would upload to GC I would be okay with that, but that doesn't work.

Upvote 0
This is a problem of Google Calendar not Excel or Power BI
You can somehow define data in PowerBI then export to csv but GC should import this file
also you can enter data into Excel then use Power BI to import it then export to csv but there is still problem with GC

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ahmad123098

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back