URGENT! I really need an Answer!

jpbonono

Board Regular
The conditions are:

There are multiple reference cells and all of those should be number, if one becomes a letter or not a number, it would prompt, "ERROR" or "FALSE" or "INVALID", if in case all cells are numbers, it would proceed to SUM it all up.

I've tried IF with ISNUMBER function but it only works with a single cell/value. :(

Please help. :(

Thanks.

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
The conditions are:

There are multiple reference cells and all of those should be number, if one becomes a letter or not a number, it would prompt, "ERROR" or "FALSE" or "INVALID", if in case all cells are numbers, it would proceed to SUM it all up.

I've tried IF with ISNUMBER function but it only works with a single cell/value. :(

Please help. :(

Thanks.

What is the range of interest?

Upvote 0
@Oeldere, Its not sir, the other one is regarding an exceeding of number from the ref cell, this one is if the group of cell should only contain numbers and if one has letter or not a number it would prompt invalid. If the conditions were met the numbers on the cell would be added.

@aladin, I'm not really good in excel, what do you mean by the range of interest?

Upvote 0
@Oeldere, Its not sir, the other one is regarding an exceeding of number from the ref cell, this one is if the group of cell should only contain numbers and if one has letter or not a number it would prompt invalid. If the conditions were met the numbers on the cell would be added.

@aladin, I'm not really good in excel, what do you mean by the range of interest?

A2:A4 is a range example. So I was asking waht is the range we have to test/look at?

Upvote 0
@Aladin, P6,AD6,AR6,BF6. These cells should only contain numbers, if that so, then it will be added. While if one of this cell has changed into letter or not a number, it'll prompt Invalid or Error. Hope this would help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chase S

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back