Use vlookup of index match to retrieve values in multiple sheets

Nando1988

I need to make a macro, that looks for a value from data sheet, in all the sheets in the workbook, and if it's is found, it will add that value found with the next, and after all the values are found, a summary sheet will be made with the value that was searched for and the accumulated value.

onlyadrafter

Hello,

Have made two assumptions:

Sheet1 is where your value from data sheet is (in Cell A1).
All the other sheets are just data entries, i.e. no formula

Code:
Sub FIND_VALUES_AND_ADD()
    MY_VALUE = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value
        For MY_SHEETS = 2 To ActiveWorkbook.Sheets.Count
            Sheets(MY_SHEETS).Select
            Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, 23).Select
            For Each MY_CELL In Selection
                If MY_CELL.Value = MY_VALUE Then
                    MY_SUM = MY_SUM + MY_VALUE
                    End If
            Next MY_CELL
        Next MY_SHEETS
        Sheets("Sheet1").Range("b1").Value = "Total Value is " & MY_SUM
        Sheets("Sheet1").Select
End Sub
is this at all close to your requirement?

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• Get External Data (long shot question!)
    This is likely a long shot but I am wondering if it is at all possible for Excel to somehow 'change' the contents of a URL that is being linked to...
  • Importing multiple excel files into one spreadsheet
    Hi, I'm trying to import multiple excel files (with the same format into a single spreadsheet) so that each day's file is listed underneath the...
  • Cell Formatting
    Good Morning, I need to format a few different cells in the following manners: A1 has to always add a colon (:) after whatever is typed in by a...
  • How to copy multiple rows using If
    Hi all, I'm very new to VBA and have written this simple code to copy certain cells if a certain cell within that row contains any data. I need...
  • Workbook_Change stopped working !
    I am working on an app to speed up & automate processing of Credit Cards statements. After data is input from a CSV file, it is presented to the...
  • VBA If statement
    Dear All, I have two dates, where I'd like a message box to pop, if the dates are between this criteria. [CODE] sDate1 = #10/1/2019#...