Userform indexing, combo box and back door password protection for displaying of a Dashboard

jwtodd

Ok, I've been slaving over this problem and even after 2 days of trying I only feel close by 20% if that.

Goal:
Create a dashboard with personnel's training information that they can print or click on hyperlinks (embeded) to specific course sites. This dashboard - snapshot as I am calling it - is protected and all of the working tabs indexed by it are hidden through use of a macro.

How:
File is emailed to personnel for them to open. On opening, a userform is displayed and has a combobox for them to select their name, an adjacent text box to enter their 5 digit employee number, and a verification command button.

There is another command button for back door access for training coordinators that prompts for a password to unlock and unhide all tabs of the workbook.

Inner workings:
I have managed to create the combobox in VBA using the list action on initialization so that box on the userform works as desired. it references the personnel information tab. The text box is txtBadgeNumber with a limited character group of 5.

The verification button is meant to index the name selected in the userform combobox to match the full name on the personnel information sheet. (i'm aware this is like looking in a mirror). The index function is offset to display the Badge Number for that employee from the Personnel Information table. THEN I need the command button function to verify that the badge number entered on the userform txtBadgeNumber matches the indexed badge number.

If the badge numbers match then the user is granted access to the protected dashboard to use a described previously.

If the badge numbers don't match then vbRetryCancel to where Cancel or hitting X on the userform runs my HideEverything macro and locks the document.

My hangup:

I don't know how to get the password-style functions to work how I want and I'm close to giving up.

Private Sub SearchandValidate_Click()
Dim ReturnVal As Variant
Dim PSIFullNames As Range
Dim PersonnelInfoTable As Range
Dim txtBadgeNumber As Variant

ActiveCell.Range("DashBoard!B2").Select
ActiveCell.Value = cmdEmployeeName.Value

ReturnVal = WorksheetFunction.Index(PersonnelInfoTable, WorksheetFunction.Match(Me.cmbEmployeeName, PSIFullNames, 0), 5)

If Not (ReturnVal) Then
Response = MsgBox("Badge Number does not match Employee Name", vbRetryCancel + vbCritical)

If Response = Retry Then
MsgBox ("Retry")
ElseIf Response = Cancel Then
MsgBox ("Cancel")
Application.Run ("HideAllOtherTabs")

End If

End Sub

Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
cmbEmployeeName.List = [PSIFullNames].Value
End Sub

Private Sub cmdTCaccess_Click()

End Sub

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mwdbActuary

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back