Userform - Is there any situation when it worths using Tabstrip instead of Pages?

Jamualson

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Seems to me that working with pages is much effective and it there is a much lower chance to make errors.

Tabstrip has only 1 advantage: you can recreate layouts really fast. But if you can bulk select all control and just throw on a new page, then this advantage seems not so attractive.

So what is the advantage so tabs are worth using? I see no advantage in practice. Thank you very much, have a nice day

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
I always use tabs,
so each one has its own 'catagory' and they all fit on 1 screen.

Upvote 0
TabStrips and MultiPages are two different kinds of controls.
A TabStrip is sort of a multi-valued check box. It does to data what a single select list box does, select one item and not the others.
A MultiPage control is more of a display thing, which controls will be visible and easy for the user to access.

If you are trying to select one datum from a list, a TabStrip is better than a MultiPage
If you want to make different controls available, a MultiPage is better.

Upvote 0
funny, i never use the tabstrip. if i want a tabbed appearance it is because i have multiple layouts for the same form. if i want different options i use optionbuttons

Upvote 0
TabStrips and MultiPages are two different kinds of controls.
A TabStrip is sort of a multi-valued check box. It does to data what a single select list box does, select one item and not the others.
A MultiPage control is more of a display thing, which controls will be visible and easy for the user to access.

If you are trying to select one datum from a list, a TabStrip is better than a MultiPage
If you want to make different controls available, a MultiPage is better.
thank you but is it not a nightmare to save the value of tabs? There are no different controls on them so you have to save them to publoc scope all the time. Why is this a good programming approach?

Upvote 0
I'm not sure what you mean by "save the value of tabs". Tabs do not have values, only the TabStrip has a value.

TabStrip1.Tabs(TabStrip1.Value).Caption is convoluted, but not a nightmare.

Passing that information from the userform to the rest of your project is no harder than any other control. (And its no easier to pass the information from the controls of a MultiPage than any other controls on a userform.)

Upvote 0
I'm not sure what you mean by "save the value of tabs". Tabs do not have values, only the TabStrip has a value.

TabStrip1.Tabs(TabStrip1.Value).Caption is convoluted, but not a nightmare.

Passing that information from the userform to the rest of your project is no harder than any other control. (And its no easier to pass the information from the controls of a MultiPage than any other controls on a userform.)
Thank you. Yes I mean the controls on tabs. Do you have maybe a snippet how you save out any tab control content?

Upvote 0
There are no controls on tabs. Tabs have Captions, Names, Tags, Indexes but no controls.

A tabstrip control has nothing to do with any other control. Its a sort of horizontal list box.

Upvote 0
There are no controls on tabs. Tabs have Captions, Names, Tags, Indexes but no controls.

A tabstrip control has nothing to do with any other control. Its a sort of horizontal list box.
Yes but since you have the same control on every tab, lets say option buttons.. somehow you have to save its value to public scope so seems to me bad programming practice

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yeti1016

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back