Using a 1d Array to affect a 2d array

zoog25

Hello All,

Here is the situation I Have. I have a 1D (Column F) array of X length (68,000) and I have a 2D Array (Column R and S) with of X length (about 75,000). Now i want to compare each entry in Array1 with Array2. When it matches with Array2, it pulls out the information in the second column. So for example row 9 of Array1 "Let says 959" matches up with row 37 of Array2 (959,37). The 37 is placed into a variable called nr. Then after that row 37 of Array2 gets deleted and Array2 is 1 row shorter than before.

The reasoning for this is that as Array1 reaches closer and closer to the end of it's list, Array2 gets smaller and smaller so there is not that many entries that need to be gone through.

Note that there are no duplicates in array2, so once eliminated, the information won't be needed after matching. Thank you for any help

As an extra, once the loop has gone through all of Array1. Array2 can be erased or emptied. I'm new to using arrays.

As @Fluff said in Post #7. A sample of data would go a long way to understanding your needs.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AGreen17

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back