Using both the primary and secondary axis, without having the lines fill underneath

snipescc

Board Regular
I'm trying to put a large amount of data (3 pieces of information from each of 3 attempts) into one chart for comparison. The numbers vary widely, from .5 to multiple tens of thousands, because I'm working with different units. I thought I'd be able to display all the data having force, which is in the tens of thousands, on one axis, while velocity and distance (0 to a few dozen) would be on the secondary axis. Good in theory, but the data I put on the secondary axis filled under the line, so instead of an unobtrusive line, I now have giant blobs of color. Not at all useful when I have so many data points I want to put in. Any suggestions on getting rid of the fill (from what I've seen, this is a function of adding something to the secondary axis, which seems.....odd), or a better way to show the data? Help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back