Using Excel with other programs

The Mayo

So I am just starting to get into the heavier things in excel, and i am wondering if it is possible to pull information from other programs into excel and vice versa :confused: Any help would be awesome.
Thanks!

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
Hi and welcome to the board.

The short answer is YES, you can transfer data from other programs into Excel, and from Excel into other programmes.

One example is MS Access, where you can transfer data both ways.

Presumably you have some specific programme, and some specific application in mind - why don't you say a little bit more about them, and you may get a more specific answer :)

Upvote 0
I work for an insurance company, quoting medical benefits and we use a dos-based system. My main question is to grab caller information, i.e. name and phone number and put it into my sheet. if that is possible, then I may come up with other uses, but that is my main concern right now.

Upvote 0
So can your dos-based system produce any kind of output file ? Maybe it can create Excel files, or maybe it can produce *.txt or *.dat files. If it can do this, you can input this data to Excel.

Upvote 0
I'm not certain what kind of ouput it can do, i will have to double check tomorrow. Thanks for your help :) i will be back tomorrow with more info

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KMGLarson

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back