using SUMIFS across multiple sheets

sarmk28

Hi, I am trying to add up hours worked on specific projects over different sheets and with multiple criteria. For example, I want excel to recognize and add up all of the hours spent with criteria "company" and "project name", over 6 different sheets. Company is listed in all sheets under Column B (B4:B90) and Project name is listed under C (C4:C90), the actual hours to be added are under H4:H90. I have tried using SUMIFS, as well as SUMPRODUCT but have not succeeded. Please help! Thanks :)

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
Welcome to MrExcel.

Make a list of the names of the sheets that you want to sum and name it Sheets. Then with Company criterion in A1 and Project criterion in B1 try:

=SUMPRODUCT(SUMIFS(INDIRECT("'"&Sheets&"'!H4:H90"),INDIRECT("'"&Sheets&"'!B4:B90"),A1,INDIRECT("'"&Sheets&"'!C4:C90"),B1))

Upvote 0
Thank you! Okay, I tried that but it says "#REF!" I'm doing the calculation in a separate sheet in the same workbook. I defined the word Sheets as Sheet1!:Sheet7!Is that ok?

Upvote 0
Make a list of the sheet names like this:

Excel 2010
H
1Sheet1
2Sheet2
3Sheet3
4Sheet4
5Sheet5
6Sheet6
7Sheet7
Summary

Select those cells, got to the Name box to the left of the Formula Bar, type Sheets and press Enter. Then try the formula I posted.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AppellatePerson

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back