Varying display of forms between users

BruceWaller

I have designed 3 data entry forms to use on my database. None of them exceed 15" in width based on the ruler above the form header. They display fine on my monitor and no horizontal scrolling is required for navigation during data entry. Yet when other users with 17" monitors open the forms they extend beyond the viewing area and they have to tab or scroll over to see the whole form. Therefore I redesigned my main form not to exceed 10" in width which helped but did not completely eliminate this issue.

The strange thing is that I went and opened the database on a coworker's laptop with about a 13" screen and and the whole form was visible. I am thinking this is a Windows view setting rather than a form design issue. Both myself and the laptop owner are running Windows 7, the other users are running XP. Any ideas... I hate to keep trying to shrink the width of my form if unecessary. Thanks.

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
Could you use the pop up option? On most entry forms I use this so the form stays to what I set it and doesnt adjust.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fuddy_Duddy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back