VBA / AutoFilter Based on Cell Value

richardtims

Hello,

I have tried searching for a solution for my problem within the forums, but have been unsuccessful. I hope that this is not a duplicate thread, but if so, please let me know.

I am still pretty new to VBA and hopefully this is not too much of a Rookie question. I am trying to set an auto filter to filter out a specific date that would be a value in cell Z1 on the active worksheet. I have been playing around with it but can get it to actually work. The part that I need to replace is the "8/30/2018" portion of the code. It needs to be the date that is in cell Z1. Please let me know if you have a solution. Thanks.
Rich (BB code):
   ActiveSheet.Range("$A$1:$Z$382774").AutoFilter Field:=6, Operator:= _
        xlFilterValues, Criteria2:=Array(2, "8/30/2018")

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
Try this:
Code:
        xlFilterValues, Criteria2:=Range("Z1").Value

Upvote 0
Possibly...
Code:
Range("$A$1:$Y$382774").AutoFilter 6, Format(Range("Z1"), "m/dd/yyyy")
Important, make sure that your format is the same i.e. if your
date format is actually m/d/yyyy then it needs changing in the code.

Please note that I have only wrote the code as a Criteria1 for testing (and don't see why your line isn't showing Criteria1).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for the response from both. Neither solutions worked. It is still bugging. Here is more code. What I am doing is essentially opening a read only copy of a large spreadsheet on our servers. I am then copying the value that is in cell A1 on my workbook saved on my desktop to cell Z1 on the large read only spreadsheet. I then want to enable the auto filter and filter column 2 and 6. Column 2 will always be the same, but column 6 will be a date that will be dynamic. I hope this explains my situation. I have pasted code below. Thanks again for your help.
Rich (BB code):
Sub Macro1()
'
' Macro1 Macro
'
'
    Range("A1").Select
    Application.CutCopyMode = False
    Selection.Copy
    Workbooks.Open Filename:= _
        "\\Server01\file\Daily & Weekly\2018 Call Report.xlsb"
    Sheets("Detail Data").Select
    Range("Z1").Select
    ActiveSheet.Paste
    Rows("1:1").Select
    Selection.AutoFilter
        xlFilterValues, Criteria2:=Array(2, "8/30/2018")
    ActiveSheet.Range("$A$1:$Z$382774").AutoFilter Field:=2, Criteria1:= _
        "=ALO Greensboro", Operator:=xlOr, Criteria2:="=ALO Sarasota"

End Sub

Upvote 0
When you right click one of the dates to be filtered and click format, Custom did you change the code I posted to match the format it shows in the "Type" box?

Upvote 0
I didn't change the format in the code, but I did change the format of A1 to the exact "M/D/YYYY HH:HH" format. When you click on Z1 on the destionation sheet, it is pasted with the exact format. They both say 8/30/2018 0:00.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You must change the code to match the dates to be filtered as I stated in post number 3 in bold (I have re-pasted it below)...

Important, make sure that your format is the same i.e. if your
date format is actually m/d/yyyy then it needs changing in the code.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have made the changes and am still getting bugged at that line (See attached image). I have also attached a screenshot of both Z1 and what is in column J:J (#6). I really appreciate your help with this.

Capture5.JPG

Capture4.JPG

Upvote 0
Sorry I wasn't clear enough. This is why I thought I would use screenshots of everything as well. When you go to the filter choices, it only gives the date excluding the time. This is why I didn't include it. I know it can be difficult to properly answer questions without the necessary details.

The error message reads "Run-time error '1004': Application-defined or object-defined error.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ricardo Souza

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back