VBA Categorizing Worksheet from Template

jhkath

Hello,

First I would really like to thank those of you who answer threads on this site, as it has proved immensely helpful for me and is greatly appreciated.

I currently have a very integrated worksheet that is autopopulating based off the input of a unique identifier and an amount (mainly using vlookups and the occasional macro). My worksheet that I am primarily working with is below:
mapping.JPG

This is the sheet that I am trying to populate via a worksheet titled "Template". Rows C & D of the "Mapping" wksht are the only rows that require data input and everything else populates.

I am trying to have the template worksheet allow the input of the unique Identifier and the amount placed under the correct category (US OE Large Cap Value, US OE Intermediate-Term Bond, US OE Moderate Allocation). In the template worksheet, it is currently 3 simple columns. Column A is for the unique Identifier (a 5 letter string), Column B is for the amount (in accounting form), and column C autopopulates the category that the unique ID belongs. Columns A & B are the only columns that need manual entry.

The goal is to simply type a varying number of Unique ID's and Amounts (A & B), then have a macro in VBA place each unique ID under its respective category in column C with its amount in column D of the "Mapping" wksht. There are typically numerous instances of unique ID's that fall in the same category. The "Mapping" wksht is built with excess rows in each category and then I have a macro that hides the excess rows.

If this is possible to have a macro do, any help would be greatly appreciated. I am lost when it comes to writing this one!! Thank you all very much in advance.

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
surendra75

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back