VBA check box selections to dynamically create a formatted table

mansions_and_benzs

Hello! I'm not great with VBA, and most things I've learned through other posts :).

Basically, I am trying to create a table on a new sheet based on check box selections from another sheet. There are lots of selection options. First there's a list of topics that I have used ActiveX check boxes for which expose sub-topics, also with associated check boxes (I used form control for these).

The user first selects the ActiveX topic check boxes to show the sub-topic check boxes -- there can be anywhere from 1 sub-topic to 10 sub-topics under each of these. They then select the applicable sub-topics (not necessarily all under a topic and not in any particular order). I then added a button at the end to create the formatted table on this new sheet - which runs a series of macros.

In the new sheet table, I have some table headers already built in. Then what should be listed is:

topic 2 (first selected topic)(topic 2) sub-topic 2 (first selected sub-topic under topic 2)
(topic 2) sub-topic 5 (second selected sub-topic under topic 2)
(topic 2) sub-topic 10 (third selected sub-topic under topic 2)
topic 7 (second selected topic)(topic 7) sub-topic 3 (first selected sub-topic under topic 7)
(topic 7) sub-topic 4 (second selected sub-topic under topic 7)
etc.etc.

<tbody>
</tbody>
The hard part for me is dealing with the total non-sequential nature (the table is totally dynamic off of selections which do not need to be in any particular order).

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
al mugheen

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back