VBA: Copy rows by criteria and insert in location by criteria

csb31

I apologize, I'm struggling and those wiser than I on this forum may have a quicker solution.

I have a very nifty costing estimate spreadsheet I wrote for doing project cost estimates. I set it up to do some cool things BUT if someone wants to add a task (set of rows) and they don't know what they're doing it's very easy to mess up.

This is when I decided a macro to insert a blank standard "task" via button would come in handy. I'm having trouble because it's very easy to do once by recording a macro but the relative references get messed up when you try to run it again.

I have a dummy blank task/set of rows hidden at the bottom of my sheet. Relative references don't work because if you copy it and append to bottom of list of tasks the relative location isn't the same then next time you run the macro. SO what I think might work is I have text values hidden in the A column that are used for the SUMIFs in the subtotals section at the bottom. I'd like to create a macro that does the following:

1) for all cells in the A column = "Task X*" copy the entire row
2) insert entire selection of rows that meet criteria above 2 rows above the row in which the A cell = "Sum1"

I've tried combos of if thens and match and I'm missing someting...

This will appropriately append the blank task collection of rows (that have the nifty appropriate formula) to the bottom of the task section because the "Sum1" row is the beginning of the subtotals section. I figure if you get me that far I can alter it to also add a subtotal row for that task.

Thanks in advance

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rscraig11

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back