VBA Entry and Verification Form

Asevens

VBA Scripting is NOT my strong suit. (VERY BASIC USER HERE)

I have a data set of users due for a PC refresh.
My manager wants to get our techs to fill in a data sheet indicating when a user has picked up their refresh, but does not want to give all the details from the dataset to the techs.
Wondering if someone can assist me in creating a simple userform that I can hide the data set in, have the tech input a username, receive confirmation of equipment to be received and then select date equipment given and the name of the technician who gave this equipment out which is then recorded in the dataset viewable to myself or my manager but not techs.

Thanks in advance

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
Don't understand this
My manager wants to get our techs to fill in a data sheet indicating when a user has picked up their refresh, but does not want to give all the details from the dataset to the techs.
If the Techs are filling out the data sheet they'll know all the details.

Also would need the categories/details/layout/where it's stored etc.

Upvote 0
Sorry, I always get kinda slow here and forget to include data.
I have on Sheet one (which I will hide against tech view) the following headers (A through F)
Username, Full Name, Alert Email Sent, Scheduled Pickup Date, Actual Pickup Date, Technician

I have built a userform, what I would like is for the tech to input the username, click commandone, the rest of the form fills out the above information, the tech then selects the proper date and their name (text box for date and combo for tech name) then clicks commandtwo and the missing information is added to the dataset without the techs seeing the back end and the form is reloaded for use again. There is other data held in the backend that is sensitive and has to be included for reporting purposes but not available to techs.

Is that any clearer?

OH I'd also like the Userform to be the only thing Techs have access to, IE they cant close it or move to another sheet to view data.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Can you post a link to the file? I'll help you out on that rather than duplicate your efforts.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately due to the sensitive nature of the data and sharing restrictions in place by the Org, I cannot upload the file anywhere.

Upvote 0
Alright, so looking at yours, it is a bit off from what I am trying to do. I will try to upload my userform this weekend since it is not necessarily connected to data. It may be easier to see what I am trying to accomplish that way.

IDEAL work, Userform loads, tech enters username, clicks commandbutton1. Full name, scheduled date, and actual date auto populate, based on dataset and actual date event occurs, Tech then enters their Name (drop down, combo) and Serial # of device (new requirement) clicks on commandbutton2 and information is written to appropriate row in dataset, form is reloaded and good for re-use.

I may just be dreaming of course.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Excel Master

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back