VBA Macro in a Macro - Help

VBAMePlease

Board Regular
Okay, following macro for whatever reason seems to not be running the Macro I have embedded in it. It is only copying the values that exist in P28:AN28 before I execute the script.

So if all the values were $50, the macro would simply copy these values over. If the values were all 0, it only copies all 0's.

Here is the first macro:
Code:
If MsgBox("Capacity Payment Structure Up-to-date?", vbQuestion + vbYesNo) <> vbYes Then Run

If MsgBox("This will take significant memory and may take up to 10 minutes to compute depending upon the number of sub-markets.", vbQuestion + vbOKCancel) <> vbOK Then Run

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

lCol = Worksheets("Rate Analysis").Cells(28, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column

Worksheets("Rate Analysis").Range("L40").Value = Sheets("Dashboard").Range("D4").Value

For i = 16 To 20

With Worksheets("Rate Analysis")
            .Range("C" & i).Copy
            Sheets("Results").Range("L26").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues
            .Range("D" & i).Copy
            Sheets("Results").Range("L27").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues
    End With

Call Run_BR_Query

Sheets("Rate Analysis").Range("P28:" & Cells(28, lCol).Address).Copy
    Sheets("Results").Range("E" & i & ":" & Cells(i, lCol - 11).Address).PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues

Next i

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

Here is "Run_BR_Query"

Code:
Dim c As CurrencyApplication.ScreenUpdating = False
c = 15
Do Until c = 40
    c = c + 1
    Cells(26, c).Copy
    Cells(19, 5).PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues
    Cells(27, 5).Copy
    Cells(29, c).PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues
    Range(Cells(30, 4), Cells(41, 4)).Copy
    Cells(30, c).PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues
Loop

Am I doing something wrong with my loop in the first macro where it isn't running "Run_BR_Query"?

I know that "Run_BR_Query" works accurately. For whatever reason, it seems like the first macro isn't running this script. I can post examples if need be.

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
This is how I call a macro from another.

Code:
If MsgBox("Capacity Payment Structure Up-to-date?", vbQuestion + vbYesNo) <> vbYes Then Run

If MsgBox("This will take significant memory and may take up to 10 minutes to compute depending upon the number of sub-markets.", vbQuestion + vbOKCancel) <> vbOK Then Run

lCol = Worksheets("Rate Analysis").Cells(28, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column

Worksheets("Rate Analysis").Range("L40").Value = Sheets("Dashboard").Range("D4").Value

For i = 16 To 20

With Worksheets("Rate Analysis")
            .Range("C" & i).Copy
            Sheets("Results").Range("L26").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues
            .Range("D" & i).Copy
            Sheets("Results").Range("L27").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues
    End With

sbRun_BR_Query

Sheets("Results").Range("E" & i & ":" & Cells(i, lCol - 11).Address).PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues

Next i

Code:
Sub sbRun_BR_Query
Dim c As CurrencyApplication.ScreenUpdating = False
c = 15
Do Until c = 40
    c = c + 1
    Cells(26, c).Copy
    Cells(19, 5).PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues
    Cells(27, 5).Copy
    Cells(29, c).PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues
    Range(Cells(30, 4), Cells(41, 4)).Copy
    Cells(30, c).PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues
Loop

End Sub

Upvote 0
First off, can we assume that you have Sub Run_BR_Query() at the beginning and End Sub at the end of the last snippet of code you posted?

If so, I would note that your main code is referencing two different worksheets... your Run_BR_Query code is referencing whatever the active sheet is... perhaps a mismatch of referenced sheets is behind your problems?

Upvote 0
First off, can we assume that you have Sub Run_BR_Query() at the beginning and End Sub at the end of the last snippet of code you posted?

If so, I would note that your main code is referencing two different worksheets... your Run_BR_Query code is referencing whatever the active sheet is... perhaps a mismatch of referenced sheets is behind your problems?

The Run_BR_Query is referencing only data on the "Rate Analysis" sheet. It is however copying and pasting the data over, given the fact that after the script is completed P28:AN28 is still on the clipboard. Could you elaborate on having the script at the beginning and end?

Upvote 0
At the moment your Run_BR_Query will run 4 times & do exactly the same thing 4 times.
I suspect that this is not what you want

Upvote 0
At the moment your Run_BR_Query will run 4 times & do exactly the same thing 4 times.
I suspect that this is not what you want

Run_BR_Query runs 25 times and does what I want it to do. It is the unnamed script above that is not performing how I want. It is not adjusting the values in L26 & L27 and apparently not running BR_Query either given the fact that the BR_Query adjust outputs given information in L26 & L27.

Misread; the unnamed Macro runs 4 times and does the exact same thing. This is what I want it to do since inside the BR_Query it should change variables in L26 & L27 that then impact values in P28:AN28.

I.e. C16 & D16 from "Results" transpose to L26 & L27 in "Rate Analysis", this then requires running a BR_Query to get outputs in P28:AN28 from "Rate Analysis" which I then want stored in E16 of "Results". Then I want to get values from C17:D17 ("Results"), transpose to L26:L27 ("Rate Analysis"), and take the outputs from P28:AN28 ("Rate Analysis") and copy to E17 ("Results").

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Your Run_BR_Query does not look at L26:L27 therefore it does the same thing each time

Upvote 0
Misread

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Updated code to account for C17:D17 and L26:L27.

Code:
Private Sub CommandButton2_Click()If MsgBox("Capacity Payment Structure Up-to-date?", vbQuestion + vbYesNo) <> vbYes Then Run

For i = 16 To 20

With Worksheets("Results")
            .Range("C" & i).Copy
            Sheets("Rate Analysis").Range("L26").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues
            .Range("D" & i).Copy
            Sheets("Rate Analysis").Range("L27").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues
    End With

Call Run_BR_Query

With Worksheets("Results")
            .Range("E" & i & ":" & Cells(i, lCol - 11).Address).PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues
    End With

Next i

I only want the Run_BR_Query to toggle the value in E19 of "Rate Analysis". L26:L27 adjusts inputs based on the Market (L26) and the scenario (L27).
Essentially E19 runs another model that calculates hourly revenues. The forecasted revenues are INDEX(MATCH,MATCH) on a different sheet in the Workbook.

Does that make sense?

Upvote 0
So Run_BR_Query, taking one iteration from the script I provided(all within the Sheet("Rate Analysis")):

1. Populate Cell E19 from P26.
2. Populate Cell P29 from E27
3. Populate P:30:P41 from D30:D41

The Next iteration will then:

1. Populate Cell E19 from Q26.
2. Populate Cell Q29 from E27
3. Populate Q:30:Q41 from D30:D41

You have driver cells of E19,E27 and D30:D41. This Run_BR_Query, has 25 iterations (16:40) that will populate cells P26:AN26 and P30:AN41.

After the Run_BR_Query, runs through it's 25 iterations of populating data within the Sheet("Rate Analysis"); What is to happen to these values before the next iteration, of the script I provided you, is to run? Does Sheet("Rate Analysis").Range("P28:AN28").value utilize Sheet("Rate Analysis").Range("P26:AN26 and P30:AN41").value as a means of calculating it's("P28:AN28") value before that calculation is appended to Column "E" of the "Results" sheet?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
accountant606

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back