VBA Named Ranges in Loop

EBronsema

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has a fast way of getting the data for the following problem. I have multiple sheets with multiple line items and for each sheet make some calculations (weighted averages, averages, max/min etc.). Each sheet has the same format (headers are the same). So it would be easy to go through a loop once and apply that to every sheet. For the first sheet it has to find a specific name in the header (there are 28 names in total) and once found, name the range using
Set MyRange1 = Range(Activecell,activecell.offset(NumberofLoans-1,0))
Instead of using MyRange1, Myrange2,....,MyRange28 I want to loop through this (For i = 1 to 28) and set these ranges corresponding to the i so something like: Set MyRange(i)= etc.
In the end I want to do the calculations using these set ranges so something like: Application.worksheetfunction.sumif(MyRange1,"Annuity",MyRange2)/application.worksheetfunction.sum(MyRange2)

Is there any way to this?
Thanks very much!

Egbert

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
Yes sure. The easiest way to do this is exactly as you describe. To do this you need to create an array:
Code:
dim MyRange(1 to 28) as range

You can declare arrays in several ways. Above we have declared a n array of 28 elements, with the index starting at 1 (default is at 0)
To declare a dynamic array, yo first decalre an empty array and then you tell how large it needs to be. This can then later be adjusted if required:
Code:
dim MyArray()

Redim MyArray(28)  ' 28 elemements, first staring at MyArray(0)
Redim MyArray(1 to 50) ' enlarge array to 50 elements starting at MyArray(1)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Excel Master

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back