VBA Select Data for graphing

excelda

Hello everyone I have a spread sheet that we input data on and produce a simple graph. When I started we plotted these graphs by hand on chart paper. When we started using spread sheets I learned how to graph the problem is these guys we have working in the field don't know how or care to learn how to make a simple xy graph.
Six months ago I started automating a workbook so our field guys could just plug in numbers and have the needed graph, I put check boxes to select the points to calculate the slope and intercept. I hard coded to plot to say line 21 then at the end of the test we always have a zero point that we don't plot so I put that on line 22 then have a macro to hide everything before I print it.

I think I would like to dynamically select the data for graphing but I'm not sure about the best way to do this. My first thought is to key on the x axis column with a loop and graph data from zero until the x looses value. What do y'all think which would be the best approach?

I am sorry about the long post I hope I am clear with what I am trying to accomplish.

ND thanks for the help, but I have decided after 2 weeks with out finding a solution that works I am going to stay what works for now. Hopefully some night I will wake up with a solution out of the blue.
But thanks for taking the time to help me.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.
Not sure how the help wasn't helpful. You do only get what you ask for. Thanks for posting your outcome or lack thereof. Dave

Upvote 0
ND you were helpful. You made me think then i figgured out I had not thought this through as to how to make it work. Your absolutely right I got what I ask for. Not being a programmer I have no deadlines I can back off a project when its not fun or interesting and continue improving my vba skills.
I really was thankful for your help. At some point and time a solution that works for me will hit till then I will keep playing with other sheets I work with everyday and keep messing with vba.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AGreen17

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back