VBA to copy multiple tabs from closed workbook(no formulas pasta values).

falcons07076

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello I need some help please. I am very new to any type of VBA so I may need extra guidance as well. Basically, what I need to do is to copy 3 tabs from "workbook #1" which contains like 15 tabs to workbook #2 which contains only the 3 tabs that i need to copy. Tee data needs to be copy paste values in order to work. I have to copy these tabs daily replacing the existing tabs every time. I don't want it to be a new file everyday I just want the data in each of the tabs to be updated every time i run the macro. Basically I want to replace the tabs in workbook 2 with the same tabs everyday.

• Workbook#1 is titled: "Daily Treasury Reporting (Live).xlsx" = this file is the active worksheet that has many formulas and it's where people update data daily.
  • The path is: C:\Users\mstevens\Steel People\Daily Reporting - General
  • Workbook#2 is titled "Daily Reporting Export.xlsx" = this is the file that gets updated from workbook 1 daily.
  • The path to workbook#2 C:\Users\mstevens\Steel People\Daily Reporting - General\Source Documents\Daily Files
  • The tabs that need to be copied from Workbook one are titled: "Cash Export Summary" / "Cash Export Summary(Balances) / Bank Details (Reference)
I would like to run the macro from Workbook 2 if possible. Please let me know if I explained this clearly. I really appreciate your help with this.

Even so Glenn, wouldn't the code still crash, because in it, the files are referred to as *.xlsx? For example, Windows("Daily Treasury Reporting (Live).xlsx").Activate

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
Even so Glenn, wouldn't the code still crash, because in it, the files are referred to as *.xlsx? For example, Windows("Daily Treasury Reporting (Live).xlsx").Activate
Yep,. It did crash and gave them an error message. I fixed that in the code that followed. My bad

Upvote 0
Hello,
Hope all doing well in these days.

I need some help in one of the tidious tasks.

I am novice to VBA so I may need extra guidance as well. Basically, what I need to do is to copy only specific value for e.g. say 'contact_number' from around 10 tabs of master workbook "abc" and paste it into other workbook named 'xyz' one below other.
  • Workbook abc is titled: "Clean_sheet.xlsm"
  • Workbook xyz is titled "Details_info.xlsx"
  • Results details can be pasted in "Details_info.xlsx" in the column with header 'Cell_num' one record below other
I would like to run the macro from Workbook xyz if possible. Please let me know if I explained this clearly. I really appreciate your help with this.

Regards,
Kadambari

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back