vba to find the sum product of filtered data

abhi_jain80

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

I have filtered the data using the below vba code which is filtering the rows if column G is not blank and column F is 0 and column F is blank.

Range("L6") = Application.CountIfs(Columns("G:G"), "<>", Columns("F:F"), "=0") + Application.CountIfs(Columns("G:G"), "<>", Columns("F:F"), "")

The count of rows filtered out is 3 which is fine. Now I need to find the sum product of column G and column H of the filtered data but struggling to get the code, can somebody help me please? Image attached...

Apologies if this has been solved earlier and thanks in advance...

Abhi

Attachments

• sample.PNG
    sample.PNG
    13.6 KB · Views: 27

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
The following code assumes that the worksheet containing the data is the active worksheet, uses Column H to determine the last row, and places the result in M6...

VBA Code:
    Dim lastRow As Long
    lastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, "H").End(xlUp).Row

With Range("A10")
        .Formula = "=SUMPRODUCT(SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET(G2:G" & lastRow & ",ROW(G2:G" & lastRow & ")-ROW(G2),0,1)),G2:G" & lastRow & ",H2:H" & lastRow & ")"
        .Value = .Value
    End With

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The following code assumes that the worksheet containing the data is the active worksheet, uses Column H to determine the last row, and places the result in M6...

VBA Code:
    Dim lastRow As Long
    lastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, "H").End(xlUp).Row

With Range("A10")
        .Formula = "=SUMPRODUCT(--SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET(G2:G" & lastRow & ",ROW(G2:G" & lastRow & ")-ROW(G2),0,1)),G2:G" & lastRow & ",H2:H" & lastRow & ")"
        .Value = .Value
    End With

Hope this helps!
Hi Domenic,

Thanks for replying. It is giving me the sum product of all the values but not of the filtered rows appeared in Range("L6"). It seems like I am missing something. Based on the sample data, I am getting 68 as an answer while it should be 33. Here is the code I am using:

Sub Button1_Click()
Range("L6") = Application.CountIfs(Columns("G:G"), "<>", Columns("F:F"), "=0") + Application.CountIfs(Columns("G:G"), "<>", Columns("F:F"), "")

Dim lastRow As Long
lastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, "E").End(xlUp).Row
With Range("L7")
.Formula = "=SUMPRODUCT(--SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET(G2:G" & lastRow & ",ROW(G2:G" & lastRow & ")-ROW(G2),0,1)),G2:G" & lastRow & ",H2:H" & lastRow & ")"
.Value = .Value
End With
End Sub

Attachments

• sample.PNG
    sample.PNG
    10.9 KB · Views: 7
Upvote 0
It looks like your data is not filtered, and the formula is correctly returning 68 for the displayed data. Or am I missing something?

By the way, I amended my formula to remove the double negative ( -- ), which isn't needed for the calculation. So the resulting value doesn't change.

Upvote 0
It looks like your data is not filtered, and the formula is correctly returning 68 for the displayed data. Or am I missing something?

By the way, I amended my formula to remove the double negative ( -- ), which isn't needed for the calculation. So the resulting value doesn't change.
Currently the formula is returning 68 but I want it to return 33. Actually, I need the sum product of only 3 rows (as attached in the image) which got filtered by applying the condition as column G is not blank and column F is 0 and column F is blank.

Hope I am clear now with the requirement. Thanks.

Attachments

• sample.PNG
    sample.PNG
    4.3 KB · Views: 8
Upvote 0
The formula is correct, and as such should return 33, unless the numbers in your data are being recognized as text values instead of numerical values. Does this return the correct result?

VBA Code:
        .Formula = "=SUMPRODUCT(SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET(G2:G" & lastRow & ",ROW(G2:G" & lastRow & ")-ROW(G2),0,1)),G2:G" & lastRow & "+0,H2:H" & lastRow & "+0)"

Upvote 0
The formula is correct, and as such should return 33, unless the numbers in your data are being recognized as text values instead of numerical values. Does this return the correct result?

VBA Code:
        .Formula = "=SUMPRODUCT(SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET(G2:G" & lastRow & ",ROW(G2:G" & lastRow & ")-ROW(G2),0,1)),G2:G" & lastRow & "+0,H2:H" & lastRow & "+0)"
Apologies...I have converted all the values to numeric and updated the formula as you said but still getting the same answer 68 not 33.:(

Upvote 0
I don't know how you converted those values into numeric values, so it's possible that they may still be recognized as text values. Can you please try the last formula I posted, and tell us the result?

Upvote 0
I don't know how you converted those values into numeric values, so it's possible that they may still be recognized as text values. Can you please try the last formula I posted, and tell us the result?
I have formatted all the cells to number. Is this not the right way? My result is still 68. This is the code I am using now:

Sub Button1_Click()

Dim lastRow As Long
lastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, "E").End(xlUp).Row
With Range("L7")
.Value = .Value
End With
End Sub

Attachments

• sample.PNG
    sample.PNG
    13 KB · Views: 7
Upvote 0
Sorry, I see that you had already tried my last formula, which means that they were already being correctly recognized as numerical values.

So the formula should return the desired result based on the filtered data.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eggy66

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back