VBA to move predifined number of records to a new sheet

Kpersen

Good day everyone.

I have a challenging question on VBA. I have a table that contains approximately 3000 rows of customers (customer name in column F) that are allocated to about 20 different location codes in the US (location code is column B) Each week I need to move a predefined number of customers for each location code from this table to a new sheet. The number of customers to be moved for each location is predefined in a separate table. I must make sure that once the predefined number of customers for each location code is moved they are no longer in the original table. Additionally I must ensure that if at any time the number of predefined records is not available to move the macro will move what is left and skip the location if there are no customers available at all. I have look in the forum but found nothing that would work. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Try this please

Code:
Sub DAM_Select_Location_2()
  Dim sh As Worksheet, s2 As Worksheet
  Dim c As Range, r As Range, n As Long, tope As Variant, wRow As Long

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
  Set sh = Sheets("Master List")
  Set s2 = Sheets("Weekly Contact Count")
  sh.Select
  For Each c In s2.Range("A2", s2.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp))
    tope = c.Offset(, 1)
    sh.ListObjects("Table1").Range.AutoFilter Field:=4, Criteria1:=c
    n = 0
    wRow = 0
    On Error Resume Next
    For Each r In sh.ListObjects("Table1").DataBodyRange.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Rows
      wRow = r.Row
      n = n + 1
      If n = tope Then Exit For
    Next
    On Error GoTo 0
    If wRow > 0 Then
      sh.Range("A2:L" & wRow).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Copy Sheets("New List").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp)(2)
      sh.Range("A2:L" & wRow).EntireRow.Delete
    End If
  Next
  On Error Resume Next
  sh.ShowAllData
  sh.AutoFilterMode = False
  Application.ScreenUpdating = True
  MsgBox "End"
End Sub

If it sends you an error, tell me what the error message says? in which line did it stop? if the macro copied something?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
I had to change the VBA slightly as it first copied the head from the master list and then stopped after the first location was copied over.

After I changed it as per below it ran well until it stopped at a location code defined in the "Weekly Contact Count" but did not have any data in "Master List" it stops and give error because no data is found.

How do I ensure that it just skips to the next location if there is an error on one?

Upvote 0
I had to change the VBA slightly as it first copied the head from the master list and then stopped after the first location was copied over.

After I changed it as per below it ran well until it stopped at a location code defined in the "Weekly Contact Count" but did not have any data in "Master List" it stops and give error because no data is found.

How do I ensure that it just skips to the next location if there is an error on one?

I really don't know how your data is, that causes me confusion
My tests work well.

Add
On Error Resume Next
At the beginning of the code

Upvote 0
This works absolutely perfect. Thank you very, very much for your help. I truly admire your skills especially since you have had to advise me "working in the blind" without being able to see the file.

Thanks again

Upvote 0
I'm glad to help you. Thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ralemanygarcia

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back