VBA to stop any actively running procedures

johnny51981

I'm trying to make my reports a bit more not-me user friendly, so when I'm out the person covering me doesn't have to get too technical. (I'm just saying "dumb down" in a nicer way).

Anyhow.

The last thing that I am not able to get built in is basically an emergency override. The reports all currently have VBA written in to refresh Power Queries and then export, save, do a twirl, and say goodbye. There are cases where I need to stop everything mid refresh for one reason or another, and know how to cancel the queries no problem, but there are some resetting steps that also need to be done.

Is there some code where I can cancel the Refresh All? If so, what would that look like?

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
Don't know if your idea is possible or not. If you don't receive something that does that consider having your code make a backup copy before running anything. If all goes well, have code delete the backup. If not, roll back using the backup.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fragment

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back