VBA Userform for Paychecks -- ForEach/Next issue?

katk

Board Regular
Hi all,

I'm trying to set up a userform that calculates paychecks based on information already provided on sheet "Hours" regarding hours worked and wage rate. Column A contains the names -- that's what mrng refers to. After the user selects a name from a combobox on the form and enters a date range, the code is supposed to find each combobox match in column A with a date (column B) that's inside the range, and then add the number of hours worked (column H) to the gross total, gtot, multiplying by the wage rate (Column C).

The code runs through without an error, but gtot always ends up 0 in my tests.

Partial code:
Code:
Dim dte1 As Date
Dim dte2 As Date
Dim mrng As Range
Dim prng As Range
Dim wrng As Range
Dim gtot As Single [COLOR=#ff0000]'gross total[/COLOR]
dte1 = DateValue(CheckForm.DateBox1) [COLOR=#ff0000]'CheckForm = userform, DateBox1 & 2 = textboxes w/ 9/11/12 style dates[/COLOR]
dte2 = DateValue(CheckForm.DateBox2) [COLOR=#ff0000]'I've tried this without the datevalue too[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]'Add up hours[/COLOR]
For Each mrng In Sheets("Hours").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp)
        If mrng.Value = CheckForm.cbMoverList.Value Then [COLOR=#ff0000]'cbMoverList is combobox[/COLOR]
            If dte2 >= mrng.Offset(0, 1) >= dte1 Then [COLOR=#ff0000]'Problem might be here -- tried putting DateValue around middle value, to no avail[/COLOR]
                [COLOR=#ff0000]'payrange in column H -- tried the following with and without adding ".value" after offset[/COLOR]
                prng = mrng.Offset(0, 7)
                [COLOR=#ff0000]'wagerange in column C[/COLOR]
                wrng = mrng.Offset(0, 2)
                [COLOR=#ff0000]'gross total = (gross total + payrange) * wagerate [/COLOR]
                gtot = (gtot + prng.Value) * wrng.Value
            End If
        End If
Next mrng

I've tried googling the problem several different ways, but even when I found similar issues, I couldn't identify the problem. If anyone can see what's wrong, I'd be really appreciative. I've been teaching myself coding and I've got a lot of the basics, but without knowing all the nuances it can be hard to troubleshoot.

Additionally, it occurred to me that I could complete this part of the code (which ultimately contains a lot of calculations, hence why I'm not just using formulas and saving myself a headache) using some sort of vba filtering -- but I wouldn't be sure how to filter a date range.

Anyway, any suggestions help.

Thanks,
Katherine

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
Try changing the these 4 lines of code, Its a start there may be more !!!.
Code:
For Each mrng In Sheets("Hours").Range(Range("A1"), Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp))
If dte2 >= mrng.Offset(0, 1) And mrng.Offset(0, 1) >= dte1 Then
Set prng = mrng.Offset(0, 7)
Set wrng = mrng.Offset(0, 2)

Upvote 0
Thanks, Mick. I try to check over and over for stupid errors before I ask for help, but... sometimes they slip through. The range was the primary problem... I haven't had to use xlUp in a while and I forgot how to format it. Thanks again!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivek chauhan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back