VBA using Loop

lela0643

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
Exercise 12: Find a student
Open the workbook "Résultats examen.xlsx". In the first spreadsheet (Results) you have a list of students.
1) Build a VBA macro that asks the user with a dialog box, the name of the student to find. This macro will browse the list and select the cell corresponding to the name of the student.
2) The macro informs the user, with a second dialog box, if the student has been received.
3) If all the list has been explored and the name has not been found, the macro displays the message “student not found in the list” and select the first empty cell below the names list.

Help please?
1669974639478.png

now I was able to make it work, thank you so much!!
How can I make a macro that informs the user, with a second dialog box, if the student has been received?

And another quick question what do the functions StrPtr and Chr do? I am not familiar with those and was wondering wheter they can be replaced by a more simple way?

Glad you got it to work... I am going offline now and will answer soonest... In the meantime if someone else is reading this thread they can provide clarity as well

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jesski

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back