vbscript excel constant values

knookie

Hi There

Excel 2007.

i am creating an excel document with vbscript from another application.

Q:
Does anyone know if there is a list somewhere of all the vbscript value constants
e.g. HorizontalAlignment = -4108

many thanks

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
Hi There

Excel 2007.

Q:
Does anyone know if there is a list somewhere of all the vbscript value constants

many thanks

I don't know of a consolidated list of constants as such, but in the VBA help file, Visual Basic Language Reference subcategogy Constants there is a menu listing of numerous types of constants and most, if not all, show the constant values if you open the article for that particular type of constant.

Upvote 0
I don't know of a consolidated list of constants as such, but in the VBA help file, Visual Basic Language Reference subcategogy Constants there is a menu listing of numerous types of constants and most, if not all, show the constant values if you open the article for that particular type of constant.

Thanks i'll take a look

Upvote 0
You'll find a complete (?) (sort of) categorised list in the object browser which you can open in the VBE using F2.

Also, if you search you'll probably find a few people have actually created their own lists.

Then there's Microsoft, they do have a list and I think I've seen it but I can't remember where it was hidden.:)

Upvote 0
You'll find a complete (?) (sort of) categorised list in the object browser which you can open in the VBE using F2.

Also, if you search you'll probably find a few people have actually created their own lists.

Then there's Microsoft, they do have a list and I think I've seen it but I can't remember where it was hidden.:)

Thanks i'll have a look at that too. Can't seem to find a list!?

Upvote 0
If you mean in the Object Browser the list is in the left hand pane.

The constants aren't the only thing in the list but it should easy to find them using the search box as they all begin with xl.

Upvote 0
Excel 2007.

Q:
Type "visual basic constants" in the search field (top right corner area) in the VBA editor... the first item in the returned list is a link to a page containing links to all the possible categories of constants... click the desired one of those and it takes you to another page with all the defined constants for that category.

Upvote 0
Rick

The first link is a link to this page, the second (or third?) a link to a thread about shortcut keys, I didn't try any of the others but glancing through their titles I couldn't see a relevant one.

Can you post the link to the page or the thread?

Update, checked some of the other threads and some were relevant but still can't find a link.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The first link is a link to this page, the second (or third?) a link to a thread about shortcut keys, I didn't try any of the others but glancing through their titles I couldn't see a relevant one.

Can you post the link to the page or the thread?

Update, checked some of the other threads and some were relevant but still can't find a link.
I hate this XL2007 (and I suspect XL2010) Visual Basic help system... it does not seem to display a "link" even though it is obviously a webpage; however, I eventually figured out how to make it show me one. This link seems to take one to the help page I was referring to...

http://office.microsoft.com/client/helpcategory.aspx?CategoryID=CH805565519990&lcid=1033&NS=EXCEL%2EDEV&Version=12

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wcbyers

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back