VLOOKUP asking for path update, where is the error?

CaptainCsaba

Board Regular
Code:
Range("F26").Select       
 ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = _
        "=VLOOKUP(RC[-1],'F:\infestor profiles\UK Holdings BP\[Things things things.xlsx]Sheet1'!C3:C5,2,FALSE)"
Range("G26").Select
        "=VLOOKUP(RC[-2],F:\infestor profiles\UK Holdings BP\[Things things things.xlsx]Sheet1'!C3:C5,3,FALSE)"
Range("F26").Select
Selection.AutoFill Range(ActiveCell, ActiveCell.Offset(0, -1).End(xlDown).Offset(0, 1))
Range("G26").Select
Selection.AutoFill Range(ActiveCell, ActiveCell.Offset(0, -1).End(xlDown).Offset(0, 1))

I have the following code. Whenever I run it it asks 6 separate times for me to find the "Things things things" workbook. For some reason it does not seem to find and I can'T figure out where the problem is, since this is the path. It might be because it is on a separate server but still the path should be fine. Where is the problem?

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
Re: VLOOKUP asking for path update, wheer si the error?

Code:
Range("F26").Select       
        "=VLOOKUP(RC[-1],'F:\infestor profiles\UK Holdings BP\[Things things things.xlsx]Sheet1'!C3:C5,2,FALSE)"
Range("G26").Select
        "=VLOOKUP(RC[-2],F:\infestor profiles\UK Holdings BP\[Things things things.xlsx]Sheet1'!C3:C5,3,FALSE)"
Range("F26").Select
Range("G26").Select

I have the following code. Whenever I run it it asks 6 separate times for me to find the "Things things things" workbook. For some reason it does not seem to find and I can'T figure out where the problem is, since this is the path. It might be because it is on a separate server but still the path should be fine. Where is the problem?

Hey,

why are you giving a full path but not opening the file?
Since I'm assuming you plan to have the file open at the time then your vlookup should be:
=VLOOKUP(RC[-2],[Things things things.xlsx]Sheet1'!C3:C5,3,FALSE)

If you do not have it open, you then need to open it with Workbooks.Open Filename:=”File_Name”, and then use the same vlookup

Upvote 0
Re: VLOOKUP asking for path update, wheer si the error?

The formula in G26 is missing the opening apostrophe '

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
p17tootie

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back