Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
Sheet2
Lookup_value=Z4 (in Sheet2)
Table_array: Sheet1 A4:D9999

I want to get cell A & matching cell is D. What should be the vlookup formula? By using Col_index_num as -3 I am not getting the answer.

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
It picked up A135 from PIL HR DATABASE - CURRENT PIL & JK135 was the 'last cell with blank' in JK4:JK141. I.e. JK136:JK141 were NOT blank & having some values in it.

Upvote 0
It picked up A135 from PIL HR DATABASE - CURRENT PIL & JK135 was the 'last cell with blank' in JK4:JK141. I.e. JK136:JK141 were NOT blank & having some values in it.

If what is picked up does not correspond to the value in AN2, I suggest you upload your workbook to an uppropriate site like Google Docs or to the dropbox Public folder and provide the relevant link here.

Upvote 0
No it does not correspond to the value in AN2. I tried to download Google doc drive on my PC but my office did not allowed me. I do not know how to upload it on Public folder. Can u please tell me.

Upvote 0
No it does not correspond to the value in AN2. I tried to download Google doc drive on my PC but my office did not allowed me. I do not know how to upload it on Public folder. Can u please tell me.

You are probably not allowed to create a dropbox account either. Another option is to upload it to a free hosting site. There seem to exist enough such sites.

Upvote 0
I work in office. The IT department is not allowing to upload any file. However I can email it to you if you give your email address.

Upvote 0
In PIL HR DATABASE - CURRENT.xlsx
JI56=9 (punched), JJ56=blank (punched) & I am getting JK56=ABASAHEBS using formula =IFERROR((LEFT(UPPER(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(JJ56," ",""),".","")&SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(DE56," ",""),".","")),JI56)),"")
In Oct_2011.xlsx:

</SPAN>

</SPAN> </SPAN></SPAN>

<TBODY>
</TBODY><COLGROUP><COL span=2><COL><COL></COLGROUP>

<TBODY>
</TBODY><COLGROUP><COL><COL><COL></COLGROUP>
AL2=9 (same punched), AM2=blank (same punched), I am getting AN2=ABASAHEBS using formula =IFERROR((LEFT(UPPER(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(AM2," ",""),".","")&SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(D2," ",""),".","")),AL2)),"")
Now using your formula in AO2==LOOKUP(9.99999999999999E+307,SEARCH('[PIL HR DATABASE - CURRENT PIL]PIL'!$JK$4:$JK$141,AN2),'[PIL HR DATABASE - CURRENT PIL]PIL'!$A$4:$A$141) I should have got A56 but getting A131?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Office_Drone

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back