Vlookup/Hlookup Alternative

TransMogrifier

Is there an alternative function that performs/mimics the job done by Vlookup/hlookup?

thanks for your help

Sorry for crashing in on this thread, but what would the formula be if there were two or more instances of 97 associated with different letters. I would think the SMALL function would be in order, but don't know how to incorporate it to make the listing either in separate cells or within the same cell seperated by comma and space.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
Sorry for crashing in on this thread, but what would the formula be if there were two or more instances of 97 associated with different letters. I would think the SMALL function would be in order, but don't know how to incorporate it to make the listing either in separate cells or within the same cell seperated by comma and space.

Take a look at Arbitrary Lookups http://www.cpearson.com/excel/TablesAndLookups.aspx

Upvote 0
Thank you - a great resource indeed and answers my question regarding the SMALL function to capture the repeated numbers. A bit difficult to see how the OFFSET/ROW functions fit in on this threads example. I am unable to develop the correct adaptation to this threads example.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k_bs

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back