Vlookup is not working Properly

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
if you select a couple of the numbers, when you look at the lower edge of the application on the right, does it says count (which indicates its text) or does it do the math, addition, average etc.

Are you using English Language settings (we have problems when , is used instead of ;) that can be an issue

Upvote 0
i have changed cell format to text . but still if i select two cell right bottom corner shows average sum etc. Very confusing. if i check U28 with TYPE function .it returns 1 which is for number also . Very Very Confusing

Upvote 0
Changing the cell format does not change the cell contents until you re-enter them.

Upvote 0
Try...

Select u33:u83 click Find Replace - Replace - Click Options - make sure Match entire cell contents is not checked - in the Find what box type . (a single fullstop) and in the Replace with box also type . (a single fullstop) - click Replace all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
All your values in 1st two columns of lookup table are zeroes. Apart from that the formulas in v28, x28 and v28 work when i look at your file

Upvote 0
Try...

Select u33:u83 click Find Replace - Replace - Click Options - make sure Match entire cell contents is not checked - in the Find what box type . (a single fullstop) and in the Replace with box also type . (a single fullstop) - click Replace all.

THANKS MARK858. You suggestion solved the problem . But i dont understand what was the problem

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgeeaudrey

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back