vlookup to other workbooks with variable sheet names

Lawrence Lovell

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello all,

First time posting so please bear with me. I have gone through all the threads that I can find as well as google and YouTube, but to no prevail.

I have a vlookup with ISNA formula which is working fine, however the monthly maintenance is quite time consuming and open to human error.
The vlookup I have made is looking to another workbook in which each sheet name is respective of that day’s entry, for example ‘110723’
What I have to do at the moment is when I come to prepare the next months template is manually go in and change the sheet name within the formulas on both the lookup and the ISNA functions (red circles) for each day of the cycle and for each session of the day.
What I would like is the formula to be relative to the date as shown in the blue circle.
I have tried to learn about the indirect function but I just can’t seem to master me it when it comes to another workbook.
This is the functional formula:
=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP([@Name],'https://moogiesltd.sharepoint.com/sites/TheRussellArms/SharedDocuments/General/The Russell Arms - Live/5. CASHING UP/2023/[Cashing up March 2022 (1) (5).xlsx]110723'!$B$62:$D$71,2,0)),"",(VLOOKUP([@Name],'https://moogiesltd.sharepoint.com/sites/TheRussellArms/SharedDocuments/General/The Russell Arms - Live/5. CASHING UP/2023/[Cashing up March 2022 (1) (5).xlsx]110723'!$B$62:$D$71,2,0)))

Any suggestions or support will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Lawrence

Attachments

• IMG_7119.jpeg
    IMG_7119.jpeg
    136 KB · Views: 15

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
Please use the Xl2bb Add-In and create a mini sheet or table and paste it into a reply. The jpg screenshot you provided is not readable.

Upvote 0
Please use the Xl2bb Add-In and create a mini sheet or table and paste it into a reply. The jpg screenshot you provided is not readable.
Hello,

I have been trying to install the xl2bb file but my laptop will not allow it. Is there an alternative I can try?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back