Vlookup Type Function for Access Table

squeakums

Office Version
  1. 365
I have an email field and I created another field for names. I have a query setup that pulls both email and the name in a table relationship link. How would I pull in the name into the other table> what vlookup can I use?Or, for example, the email address field, what if I want it to change to the name on a load automatically? I was told theres an append query but not sure how to set that up. If you know either the vlookup function or the append please help. Thanks@

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
If you have a query where you are joining the different tables together, you do not need any sort of function.
Just return the name/email fields. All the fields from all the joined tables will be available for you.

Also, in Access, if all the information you need can be found in various tables, you usually do NOT want to hard-code update values at the tables (i.e. via an Append Query).
There is no need to hard-code anything which can be found in a query. It actually can undermine the dynamic nature of a database to do so.

Upvote 0
I wrote a query to join the fields together. Issue is now - do you know how to append a table that has 3 lookup functions in it. I am bumping into the issue where it won't load the names since I want those fields to be lookup fields on Sharepoint.

Upvote 0
I wrote a query to join the fields together. Issue is now - do you know how to append a table that has 3 lookup functions in it. I am bumping into the issue where it won't load the names since I want those fields to be lookup fields on Sharepoint.
I think I need to see some sample of what your data tables and queries look like, along with your expected result.

Upvote 0
Okay, actually, the reason it would not pull over my names is because the look field autochanged to a number format and it was being annoying. I changed the lookup field in access to a short text and also a list item and and works and pulls over my names from another list that I have. With that being said, just one last problem. When I move the table I created to SharePoint, the lookup function isn't working when typing in an email to get a name ordeal. It works in access but not in sharepoint. How to resolve this one last thing? I want to be able to use this list in sharepoint.

Upvote 0
I don't know. That seems to be more of a SharePoint question now than an Access one, and I know very little about SharePoint.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back