VLOOKUP V SECURITY

IrishJM

I have a Data Sheet that needs to go out to 100 people every week each person only needs to see one Row in the Data sheet. Example their Data record, for Sales for that week. At the moment it is being sent out where each person types in an unique id number in Cell A1 all other cells B1, C1 e.t.c. work on a VLOOKUP. Is there a more secure method where I can send the entire Data file in a E-Mail to all and only the record for each will show when they open it up.?

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
The workbook can easily be cracked to see all lines. Is there a reason why the entire workbook has to be sent to each person?

My suggestion would be an automated email macro that only sends the correct 1 line to each of the 100 recipients. This could be in the form of an attached 2 line spreadsheet (header row and their 1 line of data) or have the 1 line copied & shown directly in the email message body (no attached spreadsheet).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back