Want to create and post an Excel price sheet online using Office 365

Myhobohemia

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello everyone. My company receives a weekly email with a button ("For updated prices click here") which takes you directly to this online price sheet: Assure Dist price list as of 08272020.xlsx

I want to reproduce that same functionality to share OUR prices. It would be great to be able to share updated prices in real time like this.

My vast ignorance on how to do this breaks down into two main areas:

1) How to create a formatted, protected Excel suitable for posting online. I'm hoping this is as easy as it sounds. Do I just mess around with an Excel until I like the way it looks, and then protect it? Or is there anything else I need to know? No idea, never done any of it.

2) How to post it online using OneDrive. This is what I most need help with. I've never seen this functionality with Office 365. I wonder whether it's possible. Won't it always be password protected? To date, my colleagues have problems opening my One Drive links, and we all have the same Office 365 Business account. And they still get blocked/ get asked to put in passwords at unexpected times. I want someone to be able to click on the button in my email, and land directly on the price sheet, with nothing in the way. Can I do that? If so, how? (Using Google Drive is out of the question, sadly).

Thanks in advance for anything that could be point me in the right direction.

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
Hello again. I've narrowed this down a bit. This is what I'm trying to do. I can get it to publish following these instructions. But something is wrong with the permissions.... no one can open the link. That's the issue.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back