way to create named tab sheets

sam__gleeson

Board Regular
Hi

I have a workbook which needs a new sheet for each day of the month.I normally just create and re-name each sheet with the date...is there a simpler way where i can create the new sheet with a date for each month instead of doing indiviually?

Thanks
Excel 2010

Hi Dave

Works well but if i have say February it places all in order but if i then select April it places the first 3 from april in front of February and the rest of the month after february.....can it be done say with a listbox/userform where you select from January to December which or all months and places in order

Thanks again

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
Hi Dave

Works well but if i have say February it places all in order but if i then select April it places the first 3 from april in front of February and the rest of the month after february.....can it be done say with a listbox/userform where you select from January to December which or all months and places in order

Thanks again

Hi Sam,
sounds like made some progress - can be done with userform / listbox to populate all you need do is something like this:

Code:
Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
    Dim i As Integer
    For i = 1 To 12
    Me.ListBox1.AddItem MonthName(i, False)
Next i
End Sub

you are getting the ordering problem because the first 3 sheets are renamed with selected month & then new sheets added. Seems like I have not fully understood what you are doing.

I am a bit pre-occupied resolving storm damage issues at moment & don't have too much time to spend on board. If you want to PM me with copy of your workbook, will have a look when I can. Alternatively, you can start a new thread & someone here be able to assist you.

Dave.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HockeyBoi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back