Website CVS help....

Alex Caldecott

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello!

Sorry if I fail to explain this very well....

Basically I have two spread sheets, one is an export from our website showing a list of 5715 product codes from a certain supplier, the other is an export from the supplier showing a list of their full range 9112 products with prices.

I have two tasks I need to complete:

First one is transferring the prices from the suppliers full list over to our smaller list, I'm assuming there is a way to do this by matching up the product codes and transferring the prices over for just the items in our list?

Second one is highlighting the products in the bigger list that are missing from our smaller list so that I know what products we are missing from our site and need to get added?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers, Alex.

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
Hi Alex, are you downloading them into the same workbook and on separate sheets? If yes then you could use a Vlookup to identify the product code to give you the price of the items.

The second question you'd be looking at using conditional formatting to identify whats missing from your list.

Upvote 1
The first one can be done with a lookup formula. Index and mach, vlookup, or xlookup.

I like index and match the best
Excel Formula:
=index(range of prices from the big list),match(product code from small list, range of product codes from big list,0))

The ,0 part is important. It means you only want to match exact matches of the product code.

Upvote 1
Pleased to read you've found a solution that works for you. Thanks for letting us know.

Upvote 1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efex

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back