What is wrong with this code

dpaton05

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I need some help. I am still learning to code and I don't yet fully understand vba. I have the following code and it is keeps giving me errors:

Code:
Sub cmdCopyr()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False

'declare variables
Dim TableLastRow As Long
Dim LastRow As Long
Dim TableNumberRows As Long
Dim iCounter As Long                                    'counter of for..next loop
Dim tblRows As Integer                                  'number of rows in tblCosting
Dim tblrow As ListRow                                   'specific row in tblCosting
Dim Combo As String                                     'Combo worksheet name
Dim sht As Worksheet
Dim Start As Long                                       'number of first row in tblCosting
Dim Costing As ListObject

'assign values to variables
Set sht = Worksheets("home")
TableLastRow = Split(Sheets("Home").ListObjects("tblCosting").DataBodyRange.Address, "$")(4)            'last row in tblCosting of home sheet
Combo = Worksheets("Home").Range("Y5")                                                                  'concaternation of cells to get name of worksheet to put data
LastRow = Worksheets(Combo).Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row + 1                                    'number of first empty row in column A of Combo
'Costing =

TableNumberRows = ListObjects("tblCosting").Range.Rows.Count
Start = "5"

For iCounter = Start To TableLastRow Step 1
    ListObjects("tblCosting").Range.Cells(iCounter, 1).Resize(, 10).copy
    With Worksheets(Combo).Cells(LastRow, iCounter)
        .PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues
        .Columns("A").NumberFormat = "dd/mm/yyyy"
    End With
    ListObjects("tblCosting").Range.Cells(iCounter, 1).copy
        Worksheets(Combo).Cells(LastRow, 11).PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues
    ListObjects("tblCosting").Range.Cells(iCounter, 30).Resize(, 32).copy
        Worksheets(Combo).Cells(LastRow, 14).PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues
Next iCounter

'Check if activities is selected in column I
        If Worksheets("home").Range("I5") = "Activities" Then
            Worksheets(Combo).Range("K" & LastRow).Value = Worksheets("home").Range("AC" & LastRow)          'copy formula to total column if activities are selected

'Worksheets(Combo).Range("I" & Lastrow).ClearContents                                            'clear GST component if activities are selected
        Else
            Worksheets(Combo).Range("L" & LastRow).Formula = "=K" & LastRow & "*.1"                       'if activities are not selected, GST formula will be added in to column H
            Worksheets(Combo).Range("M" & LastRow).Formula = "=L" & LastRow & "+K" & LastRow        'if activities are not selected, add formula in to column I that will sum columns G + H
        End If

Worksheets(Combo).Columns("H:J").NumberFormat = "$#,##0.00"                                             'format values in columns G to I of Combo
    Call SortDates                                                                                          'format cells to be in ascending date order

Application.CutCopyMode = False                                                                         'cancel Cut or Copy mode

Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

The code needs to cycle through rows in a table called tblCosting. The table is designed to record costings. Here are some screen shots of the table:

https://www.screencast.com/t/U1SqbfXoS
https://www.screencast.com/t/tKcbK8r8

The table is located on a sheet called Home and currently has two rows of demo data. Data is entered up to column N and the rest is calculated automatically. The 3 columns on the end will also have data entered into them. Columns R to AC will be hidden from view as they are just used for calculation purposes. The three columns on the end will be visible however. There are sheets for every month of the year. When x number of rows have been entered, my supervisor wants to be able to press a button and have them all transferred to the relevant sheet depending on the date of the costing, for instance, if one row has the date in July 2018, that particular row will get transferred to the July 2018 sheet.

Only some of the rows are transferred and here is a screenshot of the sheets (they are all the same) where the information goes.

https://www.screencast.com/t/QOFZb2yc4

Can someone help me with the code please?

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
I think listobject should be having reference worksheet linked with dot
i add worksheet

with sht
.xxxxx
.xxxxxx
end with
Call SortDates is to run external Macro code
Code:
Sub cmdCopyr()

'declare variables
Dim TableLastRow As Long
Dim LastRow As Long
Dim iCounter As Long                                    'counter of for..next loop
Dim tblRows As Integer                                  'number of rows in tblCosting
Dim tblrow As ListRow                                   'specific row in tblCosting
Dim sht As Worksheet
Dim Start As Long                                       'number of first row in tblCosting

[SIZE=3][B][COLOR=#ff0000]With sht [/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

TableLastRow = Split([B][COLOR=#FF0000].[/COLOR][/B]ListObjects("tblCosting").DataBodyRange.Address, "$")(4)            'last row in tblCosting of home sheet
Combo = Worksheets("Home").Range("Y5")                                                                  'concaternation of cells to get name of worksheet to put data
LastRow = Worksheets(Combo).Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row + 1                                    'number of first empty row in column A of Combo
'Costing =

TableNumberRows = [SIZE=5][B][COLOR=#FF0000].[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]ListObjects("tblCosting").Range.Rows.Count
Start = "5"

[SIZE=5][B][COLOR=#ff0000].[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]ListObjects("tblCosting").Range.Cells(iCounter, 1).Resize(, 10).Copy
    End With
   [SIZE=4] [B][COLOR=#FF0000].[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]ListObjects("tblCosting").Range.Cells(iCounter, 1).Copy
    [SIZE=4][B][COLOR=#FF0000].[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]ListObjects("tblCosting").Range.Cells(iCounter, 30).Resize(, 32).Copy
Next iCounter

Worksheets(Combo).Range("K" & LastRow).Value = Worksheets("home").Range("AC" & LastRow)          'copy formula to total column if activities are selected

'Worksheets(Combo).Range("I" & Lastrow).ClearContents                                            'clear GST component if activities are selected
        Else
            Worksheets(Combo).Range("L" & LastRow).Formula = "=K" & LastRow & "*.1"                       'if activities are not selected, GST formula will be added in to column H
            Worksheets(Combo).Range("M" & LastRow).Formula = "=L" & LastRow & "+K" & LastRow        'if activities are not selected, add formula in to column I that will sum columns G + H
        End If

Worksheets(Combo).Columns("H:J").NumberFormat = "$#,##0.00"                                             'format values in columns G to I of Combo
    '[SIZE=3][B][COLOR=#ff0000]Call SortDates[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]       'This to rnu another macro Code I add [B][COLOR=#008000]Apostrophe [/COLOR][/B]and now shown in green color '    remove '  Apostrophe 

to active macro cod
                                                                                   'format cells to be in ascending date order
[COLOR=#ff0000][B]End With 'end of Page Workshett[/B][/COLOR]
Application.CutCopyMode = False                                                                         'cancel Cut or Copy mode

End Sub

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't think I quite understood your instructions. I have this code now and when I run it, it thinks for a while but then nothing happens.

Code:
Sub cmdCopyr()

'declare variables
Dim TableLastRow As Long
Dim LastRow As Long
Dim sht As Worksheet

With sht

TableLastRow = Split(Sheets("Home").ListObjects("tblCosting").DataBodyRange.Address, "$")(4)            'last row in tblCosting of home sheet
        'Costing =

Start = "5"

.ListObjects("tblCosting").Range.Cells(iCounter, 1).Resize(, 10).copy
            End With
            .ListObjects("tblCosting").Range.Cells(iCounter, 1).copy
            .ListObjects("tblCosting").Range.Cells(iCounter, 30).Resize(, 32).copy
        Next iCounter

'Worksheets(Combo).Range("I" & Lastrow).ClearContents                                            'clear gst component if activities are selected
                Else
                    Worksheets(Combo).Range("M" & LastRow).Formula = "=L" & LastRow & "+K" & LastRow               'if activities are not selected, add formula in to column I that will sum columns G + H
                End If

Call SortDates                                                                                          'format cells to be in ascending date order
    End With

End Sub

What is still wrong with it?

Thank you

Upvote 0
I think there should be a period before the List Objects

Code:

TO
Code:
TableNumberRows = .ListObjects("tblCosting").Range.Rows.Count

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think there should be a period before the List Objects

Code:

TO
Code:
TableNumberRows = .ListObjects("tblCosting").Range.Rows.Count

Thanks Michael.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chase S

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back