What's Formula Separate Text In 3 Space Front, For More Text or Sentence

Example :
1. Showroom Maju Jaya Auto Palembang Sukabangun
2. Showroom Andi Naya Rivera Medan Markisa

Please Help me, not one by one formula

Tks

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
I suggest that you update your Account details (or click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)

You have given 2 examples but the requirement is not clear to me. Could you give the expected results for those 2 examples and give any further clarification about how you got those results?

Upvote 0
I suggest that you update your Account details (or click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)

You have given 2 examples but the requirement is not clear to me. Could you give the expected results for those 2 examples and give any further clarification about how you got those results?
Examples :

1. Showroom Maju Jaya Auto Palembang Sukabangun expected results : Showroom Maju Jaya Auto
2. Showroom Andi Naya Rivera Medan Markisa expected result : Showroom Andi Naya

what is the formula for the two examples, which can be used simultaneously with the same formula. 4 words with 3 spaces from the front.

if we use the "mid" formula it can be different for the two examples, I want the same formula for expected results in each example above. Help me another formula.

Thanks

Upvote 0
what is the formula for the two examples, which can be used simultaneously with the same formula. 4 words with 3 spaces from the front.
I still do not understand since you state here 4 words with 3 spaces but your second example expected result is only 3 words with 2 spaces.

Upvote 0
Yes i mean 3 words with 2 spaces, help me sir
So how do we work out which data you want 4 words with 3 spaces and which data you want 3 words with 2 spaces?

For example, what would be the expected result for this data, and why?
one two three four five six

Upvote 0
So how do we work out which data you want 4 words with 3 spaces and which data you want 3 words with 2 spaces?

For example, what would be the expected result for this data, and why?
one two three four five six
1. Showroom Maju Jaya Auto Palembang Sukabangun expected results : Showroom Maju Jaya Auto
2. Showroom Andi Naya Rivera Medan Markisa expected result : Showroom Andi Naya Rivera

Expexted result 4 words with 3 space, because i have more case like this with different text

Thank for helping

Upvote 0
2. Showroom Andi Naya Rivera Medan Markisa expected result : Showroom Andi Naya Rivera

Expexted result 4 words with 3 space, because i have more case like this with different text

Thank for helping
pemisah nya nama kota ? sekalian versi excelnya pak cantumkan

Upvote 0
If you have 365, use the formula in B1. Otherwise, try the formula in B2, and please update your profile to show what version of Excel you're using so we don't have to guess.
text before.xlsx
AB
1Showroom Maju Jaya Auto Palembang SukabangunShowroom Maju Jaya Auto
2Showroom Andi Naya Rivera Medan MarkisaShowroom Andi Naya Rivera
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
B1B1=TEXTBEFORE(A1," ",4)
B2B2=LEFT(A2,FIND("|",SUBSTITUTE(A2," ","|",4))-1)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thnirmitha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back