When is MREXCEL coming to England?

That list of 'cities' looks a bit suspect - Poplar is an area of East London, Croydon is South-East London, and I've never heard of Thames Ditton!

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
Neil

You've never heard of the pleasure-seeker's paradise that is Thames Ditton? :eek:

Some of those cities through me for a loop as well, until I realized that they were villages outside of London.

So maybe London -- Manchester -- Birmingham -- London in one week would be an interesting set of dates.

How about dates? In the US. the fourth week of November is bad, because everyone gets Thursday and Friday off for Thanksgiving. How is November 19-23?

Then, December is mostly wide open, since no one wants to compete with holiday parties.

The seminars tend to track a lot of accountants. The first weeks of January are bad because the corporate accountants are closing the books. After than, the chartered accountants are in tax season and won't come out from February 1 through April 15.

Our spring holiday in March 23-March 28. This is deep in the heart of tax season here, and half of the attendees would be out of town.

What is the situation with date in England?

Bill

You could possibly add Leeds into the list of cities too?

60 miles between Leeds & Manchester ?

Bill

Dates wise November is a good time - focusing on situations with accountants, many companies have 31st December year ends hence any time from January thru to March is probably out of the question. The tax year end is 5th April so April is out too (many companies also have 31st March year ends). Personal tax deadline is 31st January so many small business/personal accountants will be thoroughly busy in January additionally.

All said and done, November 19-23 is a relatively quiet time and doesn't interfere with, say, month end reporting.

Nothing in the South/South West then?? Everyone always forgets us down here! How about Bournemouth or Southampton?

Let me see if I can find if one of those accounting groups would like to sponsor the seminars.

Does anyone watching this happen to belong to one of the organizations listed in the earlier post?

OK - let me show my complete lack of knowledge about England.

There are inexpensive flights to London landing on Sunday November 18, returning Friday November 23. They are inexpensive enough that I could bring my wife and 2 boys along for the trip.

Is there some rational "driving tour" where I could do a seminar each morning, then get in a car and drive to the next city. How long of a drive from London to Manchester or Leeds? Manchester or Leeds to Birmingham? Birmingham to Southhampton? Southhampton back to London? Or maybe on Sunday I would fly to Manchester, then drive to Birmingham Monday afternoon, drive to Southhampton Tuesday afternoon, then to London. Let me know what makes sense...

Bill

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KMGLarson

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back