When is MREXCEL coming to England?

Dom, we could get the train down to Kings Cross & poss travel with a few others from our neck of the woods?

Sounds like a reasonable plan. All depends on whether work would pay for it, in which case I'd probably have to go to Manchester.

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
You should definatly do Manchester (London is obviously a given), when I get back in three weeks, if you haven't been able to sort a place out here I can do it for you (the people from Leeds im sure would be happy to do the 50 min drive, since your doing the 5 hour flight :LOL: )

I have a friend who lives in Poynton (Stockport) - I'm sure i could extend my stay with them for an extra day & attend the Manchester Seminar

Will be keeping my eyes on this thread :biggrin:

Dom, we could get the train down to Kings Cross & poss travel with a few others from our neck of the woods?

Sounds like a reasonable plan. All depends on whether work would pay for it, in which case I'd probably have to go to Manchester.

Dom - see my post below, i'm sure my friend wouldn't mind putting an extra person up for the weekend

They run a pub by the way........ :biggrin:

As an update, we are all pretty stoked about coming to England for a week.

I checked with some folks at Pearson in the U.S. and they said I should hear from someone at Pearson in the U.K. straightaway about helping to organize the trip. (Pearson is the parent company of QUE, publisher of the Pivot Table Data Crunching, VBA & Macros, and other books). I should get some details in a couple of days. If this falls through, then I'll probably enlist GettingBetter and anyone else in each city who can recommend a venue - perhaps a hotel with a conference room where we can stay and have the seminar.

RichardSchollar - we'll have a big crew with us, so thanks for the offer of a place to stay, but we'll probably get a couple of hotel rooms at each point along the way.

I've penciled these dates in:
19 November - Manchester
20 November - Birmingham
21 November - Southampton
22 November - London
I'm thinking about a seminar from 8:30 AM to around noon. We could then join the MrExcel members for lunch, and drive to the next city where we could perhaps meet up at the pub the evening before.

How about car rental in the U.K.? I am looking for a 7-passenger van for a week. I usually go with Budget Car Rental, but they are saying no vans from Manchester to London. After bouncing around on Google, I found a company 1st-ukkcarrentals.com that seems to be an agent for EuropCar who has a van for the week. Have you heard of this company? Are they reputable?

Hi Bill,
Not sure if this picture will show (pasted bmp), but I have just got a quote for a 7 seater minibus.

The site is
http://1stforminibushire.com/vendor.html
Is this the site you mean by 1st Uk if so, I have used these before with no issues.

quotes
Ford Galaxy or similar, 5 days, 7 seater, $786.60
or
Toyota Previa Automatic or similar, 5 days, 7 seater, $878.67

This was done for pickup Manchester Airport Sun 18th, drop off London Heathrow Airport Friday the 23rd.

If you do have problems with QUE, I will definatly be able to arrange Manchester and London, but will probably need some help with Birmingham and Southhampton, but we can cross that bridge when we come to it.

Cheers
Paul (gettingbetter)

8:30am???? 8:30am!!!!

Think I heard about that time once. I always thought it was a myth made up by my boss to scare me though. So you mean it really exists???? Oh my god!

You just gotta love flexible working hours :)

What are the costs going to be with this?

As i'll mention it to the boss & test the water, to see if the company are willing to pay, if not i'm not bothered, i'll shell out for it

Hi all

Sorry, I know I'm probably a bit late for this, but surely there should be at least one seminar in beautiful Scotland.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MhammadishaqKhan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back