When is MREXCEL coming to England?

Hi Norie,

I think that Scotland and Ireland are going to have to wait until 2008. Flying in on Sunday, doing 4 seminars and then flying out on Friday is already a fairly busy schedule.

For reference, though: how long is the drive from Manchester to Edinburgh or Glasgow? And for Dublin, is the common route to take a ferry from Holyhead?

Bill

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
Manchester to either Edinburgh or Glasgow will take you about 4 hours to drive (they're about the same distance from Manchester).

Edinburgh & Glasgow themselves are roughly an hour apart.

Hi Bill

Is there any early indication of cost for this? or will you know better once a venue has been selected for Manchester?

Thanks

My goal is to keep it under 50 quid for the seminar and a book.

I still don't have quotes from the two hotels that I checked. I also have not figured out how or who can offer Continuing Education credit hours. One thing that seems strange is the higher price of seminars with CEU hours in the U.K. Here in Ohio, we just sign up with the state CPA and start printing certificates so it is basically free, other than the potential cost of record keeping. If there is actually a fee in the UK to have the hours issued, then that would muddy the waters a bit.

Novotel in London has no availability. Checking others.

Bill - flying to Dublin from most major cities in Britain is easy and cheap (especially using Ryanair).

I also have not figured out how or who can offer Continuing Education credit hours. One thing that seems strange is the higher price of seminars with CEU hours in the U.K. Here in Ohio, we just sign up with the state CPA and start printing certificates so it is basically free, other than the potential cost of record keeping. If there is actually a fee in the UK to have the hours issued, then that would muddy the waters a bit.

Bill

In respect of the accounting body to which I belong, the CPD is relatively informal - you don't get issued with certificates detailing points earned, you simply make a declaration each year confirming essentially that you have complied with the CPD requirements (ie completed a certain number of hours of training during the year). What exact format this training takes is not specified (ie there is an awful lot of scope as to what can qualify).

More details on this here:

http://cpd.icaew.co.uk/employers/

Therefore, when i come to make my declaration for this year, I would be able to claim quite correctly to have completed a proportion of my training by attending your seminar.

I will admit I have no idea if this applies to the other accounting bodies, but I would think a goodly proportion of your attendees will be from the ICAEW.

Richard

Bill,

when you come to Engalnd how will it be advertised and when can we book as I believe that this will be over-subscribed instantly.
PS Southampton will be good for me

Neilya :p

I'll probably have registrations in the online shopping cart here at the site.

I found a service in the U.K. who works booking conference rooms at various hotels. They are working on finding venues with availability in the four cities now.

More details as I get them...

Birmingham

Yep,

Whether I come to the seminar or not, I'll certainly be around for a "night before" few beers. Richie Sills is still around in Birmingham too (Richie(UK)) - we can rustle a few people up for sure.

Funny thing is me and Rich used to post here & Oz without realising for ages that we worked around 100yds from eachother :) Now we have a beer or 2 every now & then...

Look forward to it.

When you get the hotel list, run it past this thread as we can give you the low down on if the suggested hotels are any good. I have stayed in prety much all the central Birmingham ones over the years - some are way better than others, but if anyone mentions the Brittannia, ignore them as it sucks big time :LOL:

OK. I must be completely naive.

The first hotel came back, offering a room, plus unlimited tea and lunch.... for GBP 45 per person! This seems very high.

Then, I checked with Regus.com and they want USD 1000 for a room for 3.5 hours, and the room only seats 20. That works out to $50 per person - about GBP 30 each.

Any ideas on out-of-the-ordinary locations? Do you know of any computer user groups that meet in a library or anything?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TAKLAM

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back