When is MREXCEL coming to England?

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
Hi,

The exchange rate at the moment is always going to be harsh for you guys coming this way over the big pond.

You could also try the local councils. I know Leeds City Council offer some pretty good conference facilities so am sure the others must provide a similar service. Whether they'd be any more reasonable I'm not sure.

Edit:

Full day rate is about £55 from what I gather typically including:

Main meeting room hire with complimentary use of equipment, unlimited tea/coffee servings, including Fair Trade, available throughout the day with energizer snacks, 2-course carvery lunch, fruit cordials, mineral water and mints, complimentary flipchart, pad, pens and pencils, group syndicate room (1 room per 10 delegates), support of Professional Business Centre.

Looks like what you've been quoted is about standard.

Dom

Bill's *really* busy right now - take a look at his schedule on the main site page and you'll see he's training like there's no tomorrow. I've sent him a little note - if he has time, i'm sure he'll come update you guys.

Bill's *really* busy right now - take a look at his schedule on the main site page and you'll see he's training like there's no tomorrow. I've sent him a little note - if he has time, i'm sure he'll come update you guys.

:biggrin:

Good Stuff. At least he knows he's not going to have a problem filling places!!
:wink:

Seminar in Manchester -We are definately ready!

The brand new Manchester Hilton hotel -see all of Manchester more vividly than by Google Earth (tm).

Manchester's international airport, geographically central to the UK with high speed tech friendly trains to the North (Carlisle) and South (London) and beyond; see where the need for Excel originated!!!

You are in the heart of the original industrial revolution; the first ever railway station (now a living museum); the birthplace of standardised metal fixings; the discovery of the atom (and for the first time a technically verifiable calculation of the age of the Earth); the first programmable computer with memory; the first computer bug (with 6 legs)!

In earnest, your visit will be most welcome, your stay most memorable.

Here is what I've found... the folks at Pearson UK have found venues in Manchester and Southampton that are fairly reasonable.

In Manchester, these are about 250-300 quid for a half day:
1) Novotel Manchester West - 25 minutes from Manchester - seats up to 65
2) Menzies Pinewood Hotel - 4.5 miles from Manchester; seats 80
3) University of Manchester - 15 minutes from Manchester; seats up to 200

In Southampton, Botleigh Grange Hotel and Conference Centre - seats 90.

The only venue they found in Birmingham is 1200 quid and the London venues are all incredibly expensive. Further, I understand that Damon Longworth and most of the British MVP's will be in Oxford the week following my dates. I can't join up with Damon, since I am booked in the US that next week.

So - it would still be cool to come across for a few days to do Manchester and Southampton. Any feedback on the Manchester locations?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AGreen17

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back