Which version of Excel are you using?

s_whitie

Board Regular
Just wondered which version of Excel people on this forum are using? Which would you recommend?

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
Hi,

I would guess that most people, including myself at both work and home, are using Excel 2003 (or earlier) but obviously over time more and more will upgrade to 2007.

If you don't have either there's no real benefit to buying 2003 as you'll be missing out on the new features introduced in 2007, i.e. extra rows/columns, extra conditional formats etc

You might find that some VBA that you've got in old spreadsheets caused problems, particularly when manipulating toobars, and a lot of things I've read slag of the new interface but I guess you get used to it.

Dom

Upvote 0
2007 on my desktop, 2003 on my laptop, 2002 (occasionally) on an older machine.

I use 2007 in Compatibility mode because I need to be able to share my files with my clients, none of whom use 2007. Slowly getting used to the Ribbon, and I don't spend much time swearing at it any more. You will see many comments about limitiations with charting, and slower calc. Your mileage may vary. But if you don't have Office yet, get 2007. Everyone else is heading that way eventually.

Denis

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peter Juhnke

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back