Why are my Themes only in black and white?

Mr. Forgetful

I've been trying to create and change Document Themes on worksheets as per Page 681 of Bill's Learn Excel 2007.
The headers and data change but only to various black-and-white font sizes. I've tried to change color and effects but nothing seems to change.
I made sure this was a 2007 document, and then tried a macro-enabled document but still no color. This happens on both XP and Vista.
Couldn't find anything in Excel Options or the book or Google to explain what I have overlooked.
Anybody have a suggestion?

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
I probably wasn't clear -- the lack of color in the Excel Themes :confused:is showing up on the computer screen. Surely that isn't a printer problem?

Upvote 0
As far as I know, Excel uses printer drivers even when just displaying a worksheet on the screen.

Try installing Primo PDF - it can't do any harm and you can always uninstall it if it doesn't help.

Upvote 0
No success.
Probably should explain problem better.
My understanding is that Excel 2007's variety of Document Themes on the Page Layout Ribbon can be applied to basic column-row list to produce a color-themed version.
What I have been able to do is use the Home ribbon to convert a Range to a colored Table and then back to a colored Range through the Table Tools toolbar that appears.
BUT
I have been unable to apply a Document Theme directly to a list through Page Layout > Themes. The cell data does change font as I move through the optional themes. But never is color seen, or full theme or effects.
I need to be able to apply Themes to not only Excel but also Word and PowerPoint so this is not just a case of trying to eliminate one step.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MhammadishaqKhan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back