Why do some numerical dates pull and format correctly and others as zero (0)?

ez08mba

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Problem: My formula to lookup (using INDEX / MATCH) to pull in date values from one workbook to another appears to be working correctly, but some dates just pull in and convert to zero and I'm not sure why?

What I'm trying to do: Is save time rather than copy manually all these over.

The formula in right table 'Custom Field (Actual end)": =IF(MATCH([@[Issue key]],MetricsCapture.xlsx!Table1[Issue key],0),INDEX(MetricsCapture.xlsx!Table1[#Data],MATCH([@[Issue key]],MetricsCapture.xlsx!Table1[Issue key],0),78),"")

Pulling data from the table on the left to the table on the right using that formula:

DateFormatting.png

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
Check if there is more than one 'AMOD-1492' in the table on the left

Upvote 0
try this:
Excel Formula:
=IF(isnumber(MATCH([@[Issue key]],MetricsCapture.xlsx!Table1[Issue key],0)),INDEX(MetricsCapture.xlsx!Table1[#Data],MATCH([@[Issue key]],MetricsCapture.xlsx!Table1[Issue key],0),78),"")

Upvote 0
try this:
Excel Formula:
=IF(isnumber(MATCH([@[Issue key]],MetricsCapture.xlsx!Table1[Issue key],0)),INDEX(MetricsCapture.xlsx!Table1[#Data],MATCH([@[Issue key]],MetricsCapture.xlsx!Table1[Issue key],0),78),"")
Sorry for the late reply, very busy, and thanks for this attempt. The result didn't change.

1689353239330.png
1689353317582.png

Upvote 0
okay. well, please help me (and the forum) help you by posting a mini worksheet of your data using the xl2bb add in (link below).
it's hard to debug with no idea of the data or it's structure. In worst case please post the data as a table that can be pasted into a worksheet.
Data in images does not paste.

Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
and what does this calculation result in:
Excel Formula:
=MATCH([@[Issue key]],MetricsCapture.xlsx!Table1[Issue key],0)
what value do you get when you type this function:
Excel Formula:
    =COUNTIF(MetricsCapture.xlsx!Table1[Issue key],[@[Issue key]])
(I may have syntax wrong as I'm winging it. If you get an error try to build these two formulas and share the results. )

Upvote 0
And have you tried the formulas in the MetricsCapture.xlsx workbook itself.

Upvote 0
And have you tried the formulas in the MetricsCapture.xlsx workbook itself.
In setting up files to send you, I copied some data that is being read to a new file since I can't provide the original. Then created the Destination file and it seems to be working. Any thoughts on how to maybe correct the data in the original, or maybe I just need to copy it over into a new file and convert to a new table... do you think that would solve that problem?

Upvote 0
Well I tried to copy all the data over and paste it just as "values" and I'm back to receiving the same results of 0 or 1900 dates. I will see if I can send files after removing some data.

Upvote 0
just copy/paste a portion of the table that condains the look up values. just the table:
MetricsCapture.xlsx!Table1

And, i agree with some of the earlier posts, you have something wrong in your data. So, making a new data set will defeat the purpose of debugging.
Did you do what I asked in the workbook that has Table1 in it?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sktz

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back