Why do some numerical dates pull and format correctly and others as zero (0)?

ez08mba

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Problem: My formula to lookup (using INDEX / MATCH) to pull in date values from one workbook to another appears to be working correctly, but some dates just pull in and convert to zero and I'm not sure why?

What I'm trying to do: Is save time rather than copy manually all these over.

The formula in right table 'Custom Field (Actual end)": =IF(MATCH([@[Issue key]],MetricsCapture.xlsx!Table1[Issue key],0),INDEX(MetricsCapture.xlsx!Table1[#Data],MATCH([@[Issue key]],MetricsCapture.xlsx!Table1[Issue key],0),78),"")

Pulling data from the table on the left to the table on the right using that formula:

DateFormatting.png

I'm happy to know you're making progress on the workbook.
But, I'm confused if you have solved your question. I'm thinking you have, but I want to be certain.

Best Wishes.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
In wanting to be certain, do you need something more from me? Or were you just inferring you were going to review the post to be sure?

Upvote 0
In wanting to be certain, do you need something more from me? Or were you just inferring you were going to review the post to be sure?

I have no needs. I was just unsure if your problem was solved. Something I read in a prior post led me to think you may have had another issue.
But, if changing the column reference is all that is needed then that is great.

Best Wishes.

Upvote 0
Great! Again, I think that is all it was. A lot of time spent on something simple, so I appreciate all the help and I will mark my answer.

Upvote 0
Great! Again, I think that is all it was. A lot of time spent on something simple, so I appreciate all the help and I will mark my answer.
my pleasure. Thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sktz

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back