Will Office 2007 live concurrently with 2002?

riaz

We are moving from Office 2002 to Office 2007 (big leap of faith!), and I have been chosen as the guinea pig. For compatibility with my colleagues, I would still like to use 2002 (specially Excel) while I am testing 2007 and porting our template files across.

Can Office 2007 be installed so that I have both on my system and can use either at will, or will the newer kick out the old?

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
Yep same here :)

You may get the odd issue if you develop anything exclusively on xl2007 and then try and use it on machines with just the older xl2002 (only usually with VBA intensive workbooks where references might be missing on older machines).

Upvote 0
Thank you both. I just wanted the seal of approval from the only reliable source on the web for Excel issues - this forum. I can now proceed without demur.

Sleepless days at my desk, here I come ;)

Upvote 0
I have had Office 97, Office XP (2000/2002), Office 2003 and Office 2007 all installed on the one PC at the same time running Windows XP - without any difficulty. This was useful when I proof-read some of the content of Bill's "Learn Excel 97 thru 2007 with Mr Excel" book when I checked the examples against each version - in some cases I was running two versions at the same time.
However, the installation must be done in sequence (oldest version first) and each version installed into a separate location (folder) using the Custom Install option. "Office 2000", "Office 2007" would be the names that I use for those folders.
Have a look at:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928091/

Upvote 0
Do note that, while you can have multiple versions of Office installed concurrently, per Derek's installation sequence, only one version of Outlook can be installed at a time.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davinroach

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back