smozgur

XL2BB - Excel Range to BBCode 2.1

No permission to download
How do we use this to import replies to threads generated with XL2BB?

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
There is a Copy icon in the top left corner of the screenshot, click that then click the same cell in your spreadsheet as the top left cell in the XL2BB screenshot and press Ctrl + V

I can't seem to past the mini sheet after copying. the dialogue comes up stating it's been copied to the clipboard, but when I come back to past in the forum it acts as if I didn't copy anything

I can't seem to past the mini sheet after copying. the dialogue comes up stating it's been copied to the clipboard, but when I come back to past in the forum it acts as if I didn't copy anything
Never mind! I don't know what I did...but I got it to work! LOL

Your Excel in your operating system doesn't work well with the clipboard via VBA and XL2BB has nothing to do with it.
However there is a workaround. Please check the "Manually copy the generated code" and retry.

1698156251347.png

Your Excel in your operating system doesn't work well with the clipboard via VBA and XL2BB has nothing to do with it.
However there is a workaround. Please check the "Manually copy the generated code" and retry.

View attachment 100889
thank you! you just solved how I fixed it! LOL

My XL2BB menu is substantially smaller than the one in your post. Is that because my Excel is painfully old (2007)? I couldn't run XL2BB v2.1, but have been okay with v2.0. I'm only asking because I can't get conditional formatting to copy into my posts, and would really like to have that feature.

Mine looks like this:
1702335764353.png

View attachment 100889

Attachments

• 1702335018351.png
    1702335018351.png
    26.5 KB · Views: 7
I suspect that the code in XL2BB uses a property introduced in 2010 that allowed direct reading of formatting applied through conditional formatting. Prior to that it was quite a convoluted process to do.

Hi smozgur,

Just an FYI, but I noticed the software version still shows 2.0.0 and not 2.1 in the File Properties.
I'm confident the add-in is the version specified in the forum based on the "Date last saved" is 2023-09-17.
I often keep several versions of software and add-ins on hand and need the files to reflect their version numbers and noticed this just now.
Best regards,

1702878524552.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ralemanygarcia

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back