smozgur

XL2BB - Excel Range to BBCode 2.1

No permission to download
Have you tried the following?
  1. Check the file properties and make sure you have selected the "Unblock" checkbox at the bottom of the General tab.
  2. Save the xl2bb.xlam file to a trusted location, or add the folder that you saved the add-in as the trusted location in Excel (Note that I wouldn't add general folders like Downloads folder as a trusted location)
  3. Try using the XLSTART folder, as explained in the add-in installation steps.
I tried all the other options, and none would work. the XLSTART option worked perfectly though. This would be my go to recommendation for everyone.

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
I tried all the other options, and none would work. the XLSTART option worked perfectly though. This would be my go to recommendation for everyone.
It works because it is the folder that you confirm any file you put there is trusted. So it is definitely the file security issue but somehow the other options wouldn’t work in your case.

Glad to hear it works now :)

Hello everybody,

once every X times XL2BB doesn't copy anything (at least there's nothing in the clipboard that I could paste)
The addon (v2.0) is placed in a local folder (neither OneDrive, nor a system folder or network location), which is: C:\_OS\files\xl2bb.xlam
My Excel is M365 with latest updates on Win 10 Pro x64 with latest updates.

Please let me know if I need to provide any further information.

Kind regards
Pete

As I read earlier, Microsoft immediately blocked this Addin, but worst than that every single workbook opens with this message now regardless of how the Excel workbook was received.... meaning even if I create a workbook, I get this message. I also don't have the option to remove this Addin.

I could use some help fixing this please.

1689608379185.png

1689608463281.png

Ok, so once I deleted it from my desktop, all of this nonsense stopped and appears good. I guess I always thought these were copied to an Addins folder? But that was my solution.

The add-in must be located in a trusted folder. Have you tried adding the add-in folder as the trusted location in Excel options?
File>Options>Trust Center>Trust Center Settings>Trusted Locations

Also, please right-click on the add-in file (xl2bb.xlam) and see the Properties/General/Security section at the bottom, and make sure that Unblock option is selected.

1667486102058.png

To remove the add-in, just delete the xlam file where you initially tried to install it, and come back to the same Add-ins dialog. Excel will complain about the add-in file cannot be find, and give you an option to remove it from the list. Confirm that option, and restart Excel.

I guess I always thought these were copied to an Addins folder? But that was my solution.

It doesn't happen itself for any add-in, but instead, when you double click on an add-in file to install, Excel just uses the original location to install it. Since that location is not a trusted location, you experience that kind of non-sense issues. In that case, you need to make sure that Unblock option is selected as I explained in my earlier message.

Hope this helps.

I have followed the instructions and installed the Add-in. It says it copied the info to the clipboard but when I go to paste in into my post nothing pastes. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

You're probably not doing anything wrong, you are probably getting the issue in the link below

The Admin think that they may have found a solution but it won't be available until the XL2BB 2.1 update comes out

An image of the post in the last link as I think the link will be inactive soon as the post is in the Test forum.
1696361045587.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VBquery757

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back