smozgur

XL2BB - Excel Range to BBCode 2.1

No permission to download
Is there a link to download xl2bb not zipped? No matter what I do, when I load it, Excel does not trust the file.

1680209258809.png

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
I think I stumbled onto the answer

This is covered in the link in the instructions (under Preparing to Install the Add-In)

1680209849073.png

I have posted the link again below, you can also put the file in a Trusted Location

This is covered in the link in the instructions (under Preparing to Install the Add-In)

View attachment 88731

I have posted the link again below, you can also put the file in a Trusted Location

I had read through that, but found a video and another explanation and between the three, figured it out. Also found I added to the wrong Add-in folder. So far no new error messages.

Happy you got it sorted (btw this will be the same with any file containing macro's that you download from the Internet or from an email as it is a Windows security setting rather than anything to do with XL2BB)

Happy you got it sorted (btw this will be the same with any file containing macro's that you download from the Internet or from an email as it is a Windows security setting rather than anything to do with XL2BB)
I figured as much, but in the past, I chose not to use the file. This one is unique. I am not sure for my current issue that it will help due to the conversion limitations, but we shall. I am trying to formulat a coherent question so I can post it.

Thanks again.
R.

I am not able to paste the result from XL2BB. Is it a bug or I am doing it wrong ?

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong here? I managed to get the add-in loaded, and the stuff for the toolbar, but I cannot figure out how to capture the range. the "mini sheet" icon the instructions indicate I should click on remains grayed out no matter what I do. Suggestions?

Attachments

• excel mini sheet issue.PNG
    excel mini sheet issue.PNG
    111.9 KB · Views: 12
Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong here? I managed to get the add-in loaded, and the stuff for the toolbar, but I cannot figure out how to capture the range. the "mini sheet" icon the instructions indicate I should click on remains grayed out no matter what I do. Suggestions?

Have you tried the following?
  1. Check the file properties and make sure you have selected the "Unblock" checkbox at the bottom of the General tab.
  2. Save the xl2bb.xlam file to a trusted location, or add the folder that you saved the add-in as the trusted location in Excel (Note that I wouldn't add general folders like Downloads folder as a trusted location)
  3. Try using the XLSTART folder, as explained in the add-in installation steps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KMGLarson

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back