MrExcel HTML Maker Update

Anyway, in very limited testing now, it seems to be working. I have two identical right-click menus though, which is quite confusing. :)

Great - glad the root cause of that issue has been found (thank you, @Dave Patton)! I actually have an updated version on my end which adds some icons to the right-click menu, so it will differentiate between the two. I was holding off on releasing it until we were sure the issues between Forum Tools and this add-in were resolved, which it appears they have.

That being said, here is the updated version with added icons!

Dropbox - MrExcelHTMLMaker20170807.xlam

I followed the instructions and posted a response in a thread. All looked good in the Go Advanced preview, but when I submitted the thread some of the fill colours disappeared and the layout of the formula boxes and tables lack colours. Am I doing something wrong?

but when I submitted the thread some of the fill colours disappeared
@DRSteele, I just done some further testing, were the cells where the colors disappeared from the cells normally filled or by conditional formatting?
I am getting the colors not showing when they are conditionally formatted.

I also have an issue if the cells aren't a solid color (can't remember if that was the same with the old version).

the layout of the formula boxes and tables lack colours.

I used to get this with the old version depending (I think) on the different options used but at the moment I can't replicate the behaviour.

Last edited:
@DRSteele, I just done some further testing, were the cells where the colors disappeared from the cells normally filled or by conditional formatting?
I am getting the colors not showing when they are conditionally formatted.

I also have an issue if the cells aren't a solid color (can't remember if that was the same with the old version).

After doing some testing, I can confirm that it is working as intended for cells which do not have conditional formatting, though I may be able to update it to include cell colors for conditional formatting - we'll see

As for the solid color issue, are you referring to if the cells have a pattern in them? If so, this is because the code converts the cell color into a hex format; it is not aware of cell patterns, and unfortunately likely won't ever really be aware of cell patterns due to no easy way to convert them to HTML (at least to my knowledge). It at least does grab the interior color of any patterned cell.

To the point of colors in formulas, I'm not able to replicate this issue either. Colors are appearing in the formula box as intended. See my test post here

Keep reporting issues as you find them! Thanks all!

Cheers :)

I was not using any conditional formatting; just fill colours. Like this:

Book1
AB
1Green, Accent 6, Lighter 80%226, 239, 218
2Gold, Accent 5, Lighter 80%255, 242, 204
3Blue, Accent 4, Lighter 80%221, 235, 247
4Orange, Accent 2, Lighter 80%252, 228, 214
Sheet24

@DRSteele,

That HTML didn't parse correctly, but in looking at it, that doesn't appear to be code that my updated version generates. Specifically, I note that in the code you pasted, it has "background-color: #FFFFFF ;" in the initial < table> section. In my updated version, it no longer uses that hex value, but instead uses rgb(255,255,255). Are you using another addin which parses excel tables to html?

I don't know what's going on there. I pasted the same thing on your Test page (from post34) and it worked just fine there.

Another problem is that I keep getting a security m,message about enabling macros.

I don't know what's going on there. I pasted the same thing on your Test page (from post34) and it worked just fine there.

The About the board forum doesn't allow HTML code, the Test page does. It tells you in the bottom right of the page what is allowed.

Ah, I see. Thank you.

But the problem persists. No fill colours.

Also, I have two instances of the "Generate HTML..." options in the right-click context sensitive menu. Three of the items are obviously for the old HTML maker which I've completely deleted; when I click on them I get error messages. The other three have icons beside them, and they seem to work for this new version (though clicking on any of the items to set a default does nothing.)

Can someone please help me sort this out?

MrKwoz, I am not getting the issues DRSteele is getting at the moment (including the set default is changing the default setting fine for me) but I am just wondering if the issues DRSteele has is partly still down to some Hex code being left, as in the code it appears that there is still some Hex code appearing for the background color (please see the red text below).

The below was taken using the all formulas option and produces the results here.

Btw, I am using the version from post number 18 not 31.

Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
G1=A1
G2=A2
G3=A3
G4=A4
G5=A5
G6=A6
H1=B1
H2=B2
H3=B3
H4=B4
H5=B5
H6=B6

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uzair Tahir Khan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back